My second build HOT ROD

My second build is going to much longer do to expanse and being a scratch build. This one is going to be my HOT ROD and will be tricking the engine out since I have my stock daily rider. Biggest thing I am trying to figure out is what wheels I am going to run or build. Any suggestions are welcome. A few things I have gotten so far.
Thanks
Jeff

I have all so seen them hurt or kill folks as well. Run what people want but my life or well being is worth a hell of a lot more then looking cool!!!!!!!!!!!! I ride for me and no one else and do not care what others think how I look.
Not trying to start an argument cuz we are on the same page with this but when I say they look cool, I mean they look cool to me. Could also care less what it looks like to other people. But then they are terrible for steering and uncomfortable to boot. Pretty popular around here on motorcycles and I always snort inwardly when I see one.

Not trying to start an argument cuz we are on the same page with this but when I say they look cool, I mean they look cool to me. Could also care less what it looks like to other people. But then they are terrible for steering and uncomfortable to boot. Pretty popular around here on motorcycles and I always snort inwardly when I see one.

I have been riding, working on and machine work on motorcycles for over 45 years none stop most of the time as a living. My only transportation besides my motor bike is my rig (motorcycle with sidecar) in that time I have seen many go done do to ape hangers as with them you just do not have anywhere near the control or leverage as lower bars! I had a good friend and he said he would never give up his apes till he went down do to them as he hit a hole and had no leverage or control it is pure physics. Most with apes never ride far on some of my trips have been over 10,000 miles and I would have never been able to do it with apes! Try to drive the Alaska highway with apes. So for those that like apes run them if your health and life is worth it.

Have you assembled the bike yet? Was starting to seem like a cool build

No being on a very LOW fixed income I am still collecting parts and working some on the engine. It very well could be 6 months or better from now till I finish. My biggest hold up is the wheels and the most one expensive part! I am in not hurry and will not even thing of riding it till I am totally happy with it. I have the below to ride for now. I have changed it some since the pictures like I added front brakes rear rack and bag among some other things.
Thanks
Jeff

I order another Mikuni for a different seller coming from a different warehouse and a few other parts.

Yes, both the NT and Mikuni are round slide carburetors but that is where the similarity ends. The Mikuni is full adjustable which the NT is not. On the NT all you can do is adjust the idle, main jet and needle with the Mikuni you all so have a low speed adjustment, changeable pilot jet which you do not have with the NT or the SHA clone. All so the Mikuni has a bigger venture. With the NT you never can get it right as there are not enough adjustments on it. NT is all so really too small.

I've had good luck with the NT carb. Easy to adjust, simple, works good for me.

You will never know the difference till you run a good carburetor. NT easy to adjust as there are many circuits you cannot adjust so there is no way to adjust correctly. But run what makes you happy I do. Do not try a good carburetor as it will spoil you. If you want to know more check the link below.

http://www.dragonfly75.com/jaguar/intakes.html

Back