My second build HOT ROD

My second build is going to much longer do to expanse and being a scratch build. This one is going to be my HOT ROD and will be tricking the engine out since I have my stock daily rider. Biggest thing I am trying to figure out is what wheels I am going to run or build. Any suggestions are welcome. A few things I have gotten so far.
Thanks
Jeff

I received my wheels and front brake the other day. I bought them from MZ Parts and they claim they are better then the ones some other sell time will tell. bought the biggest disc I could find 208mm about 8 inches.

where'd you get your hands on an 8 inch rotor? my source for 10 inch rotors has been out of stock for a while and I'm not sure they'll have them again.

Guess I do not make my self clear MZPARTS eBay. That is where I got my exhaust as well as wheels, sprockets for rear wheel, front disc brakes and front wheel caliper mount. Since the frames is made for V brakes I am going to try them. I only have coaster brakes and whit I call standard front brakes and on a stock motor is not enough! All so the wheels are much lighter then drum spoke even with the disc. Rotating weight is a big HP eater

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272024152248?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Received my tires yesterday Thickslicks with Durastrip which are MUCH thicker then any other tire I have seen in person. Will be running EVO 26 x 1.5-2.0 SCHRADER 32mm THORN RESISTANT tubes. Do to wanting everything just like I want it might still be another 6 months before I ever ride it.

Received my tires yesterday Thickslicks with Durastrip which are MUCH thicker then any other tire I have seen in person. Will be running EVO 26 x 1.5-2.0 SCHRADER 32mm THORN RESISTANT tubes. Do to wanting everything just like I want it might still be another 6 months before I ever ride it.

So are these the 26"x2.0"?
Those are some heavy tyres! Almost the heaviest slicks out there. All that thick rubber.. It's good though. I am even considering them myself. Been reading the reviews.. Most slicks have thinner rubber to keep weight down (or comparable with treaded tyres) but these are no compromise thick slicks. The compound is supposed to be medium-hard too so grip is good. Schwalbe City Jet are supposed to be tougher but are too hard to grip esp' in wet, and have an inexplicable groove down the middle!? Kojak are lighter and surely faster but don't have the thickness. I may choose Kojak for efficiency but idk. It is hard to choose only one set of tyres!
I never had good luck with "thorn proof" inner tubes. They can be impossible to patch if something does get through. I ended up slitting them open and using them as a protector for a normal tube, then discarded due to weight! Can you run these tyres tubeless with Stan's strips?
I agree with you about getting everything "just right", better to take time to buy the right parts than buy twice after getting stranded.
That rim in the picture is way too big for the tyre, lol!

Yes they are 26x2 do not want too fat of a tire. There are some parts I am going to have to make like a off set intake for the carburetor and a rear mount spacer as it is too close to the frame for the stock on. Might just be able to mill the stock one down to make it work. Once I am done mocking everything up and making sure if I will need to weld any brackets to the frame I will have it powder coated.

I am still thinking about what I want to run for rear brakes. I like disc but just do not how well that will work with all the chain lube coming off the rear drive sprocket? It will be either disc or V brakes.

Yes they are 26x2 do not want too fat of a tire. There are some parts I am going to have to make like a off set intake for the carburetor and a rear mount spacer as it is too close to the frame for the stock on. Might just be able to mill the stock one down to make it work. Once I am done mocking everything up and making sure if I will need to weld any brackets to the frame I will have it powder coated.

I am still thinking about what I want to run for rear brakes. I like disc but just do not how well that will work with all the chain lube coming off the rear drive sprocket? It will be either disc or V brakes.

Tbh (if your rear rim stays true) I think there's nothing wrong with v brakes on the rear.. The less than perfect wet weather performance of a rim brake doesn't exactly matter on the rear since it will not have the traction in the wet anyway, especially when you run semi hard compound tyres.
There will be as much oil on the rim as would get in a disk, I think, due to the two-stroke exhaust.

So I just ordered one of these Mikunis and am wondering how you were doing with yours? Starting my intake search now. Any help would be awesome. Thanks

Hello everyone first post here. I just ordered a Mikuni 18mm carb like this and was wondering how your was coming along? I dont have it in hand yet so I am not sure about and intake. Does anyone make one to fit these onto a china motor?
My bike has a black stallion engine with a high compression head, speed carb, bulldog expansion chamber and some port work. MM hub adapter with 36t sprocket. Runs good but I want smoother exceleration and better cruising. Thanks

Back