My SIKK 2 stroke performance cruiser

You are correct. I thought that looked like a CNS carb. Like gary said a different carb is a better option
Wow, so even after reading the reviews on this carb and it sounded good this was another bad choice, I have the original nt carb that I broke down and cleaned properly and I could only get it to 17 mph, just to try and get it to run better a new plug and re jet this 40 dollar low performance junk or the original nt and to a bigger jet size? and to what size? I am getting a little discouraged with making bad choices on parts I am spending money on, Im about 300 bucks into this bike now and still not riding. You and Gary have been very helpful so far, I don't want to go much more into this rebuild and not get to ride. Thanks

Well if you are just using a stock engine set up the stock nt carb is probably more than enough. I'm guessing it was also jetted wrong. I believe the stock jet is 70 the higher the number the richer the mixture. The smaller number leaner jet. You can probably get a 5 pack of jets. I would try a 65. Also you may have to adjust the clip on your needle. Lowering the clip on the needle makes it richer, raising it makes it leaner. I believe there is a detailed nt carb sticky on the forum. Just remember a leaner running engine runs hotter than a rich one. If you go to lean you can over heat the engine and warp the head

The stock NT is good for at least 40mph, on a mostly stock parts engine with a stock or ineffective exhaust.
It needs an upgraded filter and a #67 jet for summer in many places, even smaller in your Florida heat. The most common needle clip setting is the second notch from the top once you get the correct size jet. GreasyChris already said this but I was still typing. :whistle:
Since you already have it, it's fine to try it out even if you didn't get an accurate compression test yet. :)

But the actual figure for the cranking pressure is a vital clue. 🧐

Your de-boxed air filter could have been getting soaked with premix so should be checked and cleaned.. but the stock filter is coarse anyway, its more like prefilter material, it isn't the best protection from the dust.. I think the cleaned stock filter the way you've done it will be fine as a stopgap to a good air filter. :)

Last edited:
And yes I would recommend the ngk spark plugs. They are under$5 at any auto parts store. The noname Chinese plugs are hit and miss with reliability
Do you know what size is in it now?
Well if you are just using a stock engine set up the stock nt carb is probably more than enough. I'm guessing it was also jetted wrong. I believe the stock jet is 70 the higher the number the richer the mixture. The smaller number leaner jet. You can probably get a 5 pack of jets. I would try a 65. Also you may have to adjust the clip on your needle. Lowering the clip on the needle makes it richer, raising it makes it leaner. I believe there is a detailed nt carb sticky on the forum. Just remember a leaner running engine runs hotter than a rich one. If you go to lean you can over heat the engine and warp the head

How much compression does it have? And did the plug extend all the way into the chamber. If it's only going 17 with a stock NT it sounds like their may be another issue.

How much compression does it have? And did the plug extend all the way into the chamber. If it's only going 17 with a stock NT it sounds like their may be another issue.
Very good compression, and the three prong plug to replace the one that was in it same plug , everything seemed fine at first, up to 35 mph but then seemed to lose power and the plug is full of black chalking powder, thats with the new carb. I will send some more pics,. Going to get another plug this morning. Thanks Slow ryde. This is the original carb, (note the broken mounting tab so I jb welded a new inner ring too seal it to the intake. Peace

Attachments

• 20190706_080409.jpg
    20190706_080409.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 138
  • 20190706_080534.jpg
    20190706_080534.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 121
  • 20190706_080610.jpg
    20190706_080610.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 134
  • 20190706_080504.jpg
    20190706_080504.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 135
Well If you keep trying it with the same carb your going to get the same results. So what was the compression? Plug looks rich, and your using too much oil. 4 ounces per gallon. those carbs suck.

Well If you keep trying it with the same carb your going to get the same results. So what was the compression? Plug looks rich, and your using too much oil. 4 ounces per gallon. those carbs suck.
I used the pack that is 1.85 oz per gallon, compression is good and it holds it well. Point considered about the carb, returning it.
Decided to start fresh with a new kit and use this one for the next course. Thank you all wit the intel and will start a new thread with breaking this bike down for a total rebuild. And do my homework on every step. Sometimes trying to save a buck with a little aptitude can be a bit overwelming. Peace and safe motor biking. Lowryder62

I used the pack that is 1.85 oz per gallon, compression is good and it holds it well. Point considered about the carb, returning it.
Decided to start fresh with a new kit and use this one for the next course. Thank you all wit the intel and will start a new thread with breaking this bike down for a total rebuild. And do my homework on every step. Sometimes trying to save a buck with a little aptitude can be a bit overwelming. Peace and safe motor biking. Lowryder62
Best of luck on the new build. Don't forget about split tubing to protect down tube at the front motor with muffler clamp as shown in reply #8. It's a must for these frames. I hope you post with pics. of your progress during the new build. I'm curious what that head chamber looks like.

Best of luck on the new build. Don't forget about split tubing to protect down tube at the front motor with muffler clamp as shown in reply #8. It's a must for these frames. I hope you post with pics. of your progress during the new build. I'm curious what that head chamber looks like.
Thanks Gary, that's a first on the split tubing, took notice of the welds on the tubes, kinda thin looking for a stretch cruiser. Motor is ordered and on its way.

Back