My Vintage Replica

Whew...looking at the welds on the frame I wouldn't ride it at 3 mph let alone 30 mph. You sir, are a brave person.

Whew...looking at the welds on the frame I wouldn't ride it at 3 mph let alone 30 mph. You sir, are a brave person.
Ya I was using a new welder I had got the week before I built it and it kept fluctuating the output voltage and that made welding a ***** and since I built it on Sunday I couldn't get it replaced till the next day, but the penetration on the welds is fine. They just look like chicken poop stacked with chopsticks.:D

Methinks a little grinding down on the chicken poop and a nice paint job and it would look great.

I would fit some sort of suspension as your body will *hurt* without it - maybe an open springer fork and a spring seat?

Re brakes - get hold of some kevlar brake pads and you'll be fine - its what I have fitted up on my GEBE and that'll cruise at 34.5-35 flat out.

You have a good sense of aesthetics - the frame dimensions look 'right' which doesnt happen very often on scratchbuilds when the frames are cut about..

congrats..

Jemma xx

Keep building e'm the more you build the better you get and the faster you go!!!
keep your self happy and doin't worry about the penut gallery

thanks olddude, for bumping this thread.
I guess I missed it, the 1st time around.

I hate to get on my soapbox here.... but I hate holding my tongue, even more.

kinda rude, don't ya think?

Looks like someone was stacking chicken poop with chopsticks.:eek:
this was really rude

And people were giving me **** for my build.....
because it didn't have pedals!
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=15609
I'll second the brave comment.
also rude.... but at least you got to pimp your bike...in someone else's thread.

Ya I was using a new welder I had got the week before I built it and it kept fluctuating the output voltage and that made welding a ***** and since I built it on Sunday I couldn't get it replaced till the next day, but the penetration on the welds is fine. They just look like chicken poop stacked with chopsticks.:D
you don't owe any excuses.

Methinks a little grinding down on the chicken poop and a nice paint job and it would look great.

I would fit some sort of suspension as your body will *hurt* without it - maybe an open springer fork and a spring seat?

Re brakes - get hold of some kevlar brake pads and you'll be fine - its what I have fitted up on my GEBE and that'll cruise at 34.5-35 flat out.

You have a good sense of aesthetics - the frame dimensions look 'right' which doesnt happen very often on scratchbuilds when the frames are cut about..

congrats..

Jemma xx
good post

Keep building e'm the more you build the better you get and the faster you go!!!
keep your self happy and doin't worry about the penut gallery
exactly!!

Back