My Zbox Happytime 47cc Bike

Looks good & happy motoring.
Minor point:that clamp on the chain-guard is really meant to secure the exhaust to the frame......innovative use though.

Ohh really rofl opps, it works well though. My frame is really wide so i dunno how that metal would fit around it. I should zip tie that muffler to the frame then since i got nothing there to support it atm. Also a little question, should oil be dripping out of my muffler? Is that a good sign or bad sign? Thnx. Here's some more pics of the bike i took today, the bike works really well, clocked about 80mins riding it so far. Its the weekend now so ill ride it heaps, i hooked up a bike speedo today so i can regulate my speed and count the ODO.

Enjoy the pics!
From Brendon.v

and my personal favourite!

Cool bike! Get a new automotive plug wire and make it shorter than that stock one so it will look "cleaner" and it performs better. Add some kevlar slicks and you'd really be pimping! Remember to take it easy on the motor for the first 2.5-3 tanks. Happy motoring! :D

it says stay under 20km for the first 500km. My dads friend says u dont have to stay under 20km, just keep it under load all the time because the more load u put on it during run in the harder the motor will run after it. If u have no load on it all the time n go slow it will stay weak and slow. He said not to much load but make the motor work a bit when going for rides so go slow up slight hills and dont go on to many flats. Ive been tinkering and riding it all day ,fixing all the little things, i put new brake pads on all around so its all safe. Everything works 100% and i love it. Ive installed the speedo today to make sure i dont exceed 20km because its hard to tell ur speed.

Ill post up a video soon. It starts easy now, i greased all the chain and sprocket and tensioner wheel and clutch arm so its quiet now and runs really well. I also greased everything else around the bike so everything runs better and quieter now.

Cya guys, keep those comments coming haha!

From Brendon.v

I made a video of how to wire up a Happytime engine kill switch. There was one but isnt now so i thought i would make one. Easier to understand than the text on the forum and pics. Here it is: http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=O9s7CuGHnD8

Tell me what everyone thinks on youtube if possible as i dont check this thread much.
From Brendon.v

I see u asked if its normal for oil to be drippin from ur muffler.
Well i also got a Zbox engine and i know it says during run it use 16:1 oil but to be honest i think that is way to rich using about 25:1 is tops and now that my motor is run in i only use 50:1 and it runs like a charm. just make sure u are using good 2 stokre oil. But yer wen i first put 16:1 oil in it. it just poured out the muffler. make sure u clean ur spark plug will be covered in oil now.

Looks good & happy motoring.
Minor point:that clamp on the chain-guard is really meant to secure the exhaust to the frame......innovative use though.

I took that mount off and riveted the chain guard to my frame and used that piece of metal to support the muffler. It looks better now since i got nothing on the back there holding the chain guard and the chain guard doesn't rattle around. Also im feeling better about the muffler now as it has a support right at the bottom. Thanks for that!

i know it says during run it use 16:1 oil but to be honest i think that is way to rich. make sure u clean ur spark plug will be covered in oil now.

I checked my spark plug and theirs not a drip of oil on it, although oil drips out of the muffler at least i no its well lubed in there. I would rather stick to 16:1 atm, if the spark plug isnt black with oil then it seems to be right in there.

Back