Name That Frame? (no engine)

G

gone_fishin

my landlord, leif, just finished re-building his favorite trike...all new bearings and such, & a very nice "rustoleum" paintjob.

he's really glad i've been putting ocean park on the bicycling map, and wants to motorize this and other rides he owns, but...

:censored: that's gonna require that the current tenants actually pay rent & quit stealing light-bulbs :censored:

so, here ya go...we know the make and have a serial number so we can find the year, but...can YOU name that frame?

41_frame01_1.jpg

41_frame02_1.jpg

41_frame03_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My guess is maybe a Worksman? Is that a differential on that thing? I have a trike that I got with the intention of motorizing (remember Cookie, bout the same time you guys got your rikshaw). My main problem is that only one wheel drives and it pulls left...Kelly

nogoodnic42 said:
My main problem is that only one wheel drives and it pulls left...Kelly
does it always pull to the left or just when you pedal?
I used to ride my trike (the bbq bike) and it pulled right all the time, until I adjusted where the rear section bolts on to the front. it is adjustable for chain tightening. it was just crooked.
Dave

augidog said:
but...can YOU name that frame?

that is a sweet looking trike. much better built than my bbq trike. the differential looks really sturdy. I can name the frame...but I won't. wouldn't be fair. I saw one just like it on a workstand. for now, I'll be calling it "Betty"

haha
Dave

not a worksman...

yes, a limited-slip differential, very cool setup...original equipment as far as i know...

srdavo...i forgot about that...i'm so busted :eek:

All tri-wheelers pull to the side in my experience. Maybe i've only ridden crummy ones, but I believe it to be the forces involved (I'm no physicist, so...) with pedaling a triangle.
I have no idea what make that thing is, but it's cool. My Schwinn Tri-Wheel has a three speed with coaster brake. I'm tinkering in the back of my mind as to what I wanna do with it, when I get to it.

even with that differential it pulls but only if ya let it, i'm sure it's a physics thing...but cornering left or right is a cool breeze 8)

the "primary" is a 3-spd w/coaster...

That differential looks like one from a riding lawn mower or garden tractor. I broght home an electric ride around three-wheeled scooter from the dump, kind of like the ones they have in some store these days. It had a similar differential too. The biggest difference I notice about riding a trike is fight the impulse to lean into turns, a sure way to dump it.

i'm told (& looking at the frame, i believe) that it's original equipment, but i agree it seems to be the same type of setup.

i'll post the serial number soon, betcha some of you guys will know how to find out, then.

Back