Nasty pipe

HI,

I think the preliminary info on the Dax Hi perf pipe showed no real performance gains...I forget who did a review on it but if you do need a muffler it might be a good replacement....For true high performance you'd need a tuned pipe.

Andrew

I have the DAX Hi Performance pipe and I am getting the same speed as my original pipe, the difference is I went from a 36 T sprocket to a 40 T sprocket. So in reality it increased about 2 to 3 miles an hour. Also with my original pipe I was having to slightly choke the bike in the lower speeds to get good acceleration and un choke after 25 to get up to 32, (this using 2 different carbs). With the new pipe it rolls right up to 32 with smooth and better acceleration. The clearance is close on the peddles, may have to do a little bending.

I did the DAX mod and I showed a renewed difference. But then my exhaust was littered in black tar. I have to say when you can make your exhaust breath that's a good thing.
Even on my truck I needed an after cat exhaust but it's all too expensive. So for 30 bucks I had a muffler shop simply weld a straight pipe from the cat and exited out to the side with one 45 degree bend.
No muffler. No bend over the rear axle.
It's just a tad louder if you can believe that but performance improved vastly. I had this miss felt like not getting enough fuel before this mod,now it's just gone.
Sorry for derailing a bit but basically the louder your exhaust,the free'er it's breathing.

So Dr Olds... I mean w31john, is that pipe pretty wicked or what? It looks hard core but is it workin as good as it looks?

W31 is a Olds motor found in many cool 442's and some F85's for those that need ta know. Hey john... I have a safari wagon w/a W30 455...I even got the red wheel wells in it. Anyway..... back ta bikes, sorry guys.

Back