Need 11 t freewheel sprocket

V

vyzhion

Hi everyone...

I recently discovered that the output sprocket from my Grubee Skyhawk2 gearbox is broken. I need a replacement. The only one I am able to find is a 10T non-freewheel version from bicycle-engines.com. Anyone know where I might find the 11T freewheel one? PLEASE help! I am all but stuck until I can get it working... :(

Attachments

• 100_1270.jpg
    100_1270.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 724
  • 100_1271.jpg
    100_1271.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 877
Last edited by a moderator:
You won't be able to tell from the photos... Those were just for reference. From what I can tell, the inside busted loose as it spins in both directions. The engine revs & the rest of the gears spin but the freewheel sprocket just sits there. I can even see the shaft spinning but the sprocket doesn't move. :(

Ok I have an update... I realized I most likely don't need another sprocket. I looked at the sprocket bushing and drive shaft more closely and realized that the key sheared in half. THAT is the reason the sprocket was sitting still while the shaft turned and turned. I wish I had realized that before I spent $30 on not-quite-the-right sprocket from bicycle-engines.com when I could have spent about $.40 at Ace hardware. O well, live and learn. At least I have a spare sprocket and shaft in case of emergency.

Well, the advantage of the 10 tooth is that running it wit the 48 tooth rear sprocket is equivalent to running the 11 tooth with a 52 if that option interests you- glad you could get it fixed.

Nah I prefer the freewheel on the 11 T model. Plus I like the top end speed with the 48 T and 11 T. I don't want to sacrifice a couple miles an hour and I don't need any power for hills really as the area I live in is pretty flat.

Back