Need 26" 12G rear 7 speed rim?

M

Member 28982

Where best place to get a 26" 12gauge 7speed rear rim? Whats the difference of cassette or freewheel 7 speed sprockets? How can I tell which one I have or need?
Also. Which heavy duty chain beside 415 would be more durable?
Might as well beef it up with a better chain tensioner?
I need y'all input. =)
49cc 2 stroke is what I have on my bike.

Bonefish has one for sale in the for sale section part of a GEBE kit, he might part with it if you make him an offer he can't refuse. If not GEBE sells them on their site. GoldenEagleBicycle [engine?].

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Looks decent Spare parts, never heard of that one. Pretty cheap price too. Probably try that one out

It is. 1/2 x1/8. Extra heavy duty bmx chain. @gary55 knows all the specs.
Just a little confused about size. Doesnt look sturdier than a 415. If it says 1/8 x 1/2 or 1/2 x 1/8?
I like the blue one. But the links look like a regular bicycle chain. And how would I get the correct master links for the kmc 710. Just don't wanna order the wrong one.
I already ordered a 12Gauge 7speed 26" new rim. Looking at different chain tensioner.
I'm wondering, can you run these engines without a chain tensioner because these Margaritaville bicycles have a short wheelbase from pedal crank to rear axle and the chain tensioner causes the chain to rub against the chainstay....

Last edited by a moderator:
I never use a tensioner on the engine side. I also don't use master links, use a chain breaker. You could use a 510 master link. I carry 2 in my tool kit along with a chain breaker and about 6" of chain. I always used the 510 chain before but this build is getting 710s. Never had any issues with the 510 but gary55 convinced me to go stronger.

Back