need 415 chain help ASAP

350zdrftr

Local time
4:51 AM
OK fellas my chain that came with my kit is 3" short. I believe its a 415 chain that seems to be the common one. A bicycle shop told me they can not do it because the chain is too big, they advised me to call a motorcycle shop and I did they said the chain is too small for them to do they said the smallest they mess with is 420 chains. So I need an alternative , on sickbikeparts.com I can get the break and reassemble tool for 12.95 and each individual link of 415 chain is 1.95 so i would prob have to get i think 5or6 of them. Is there any other alternative? thanks to all that reply

Search the forum for places where you can get the actual chain.

Also, oddly enough it seems that "gargage door opener" chain seems to be a 415, now what does that tell you about these kits

if you have plenty of clearance between your tire & chain,you can use a # 41 chain. most hardware, & farm supply stores carry them, & you can get master links & half links to get a more custom fit. just remember the #41 chain is about 3/32 of an inch wider than a 415 chain. you can break the chain , by drilling a hole, alittle larger than the rivet pins in a 2 X 4 , center the rivet over the hole, & knock it out with a hammer & a good pin punch or a nail.I bought mine at the local tractor supply store. but they have a website also.

also remember, you can't peice the 415, & the #41 chain together. if i remember correctly, the pins for the #41 are a little larger .

I am going to try the #41 chain if i can find a good price on one

Last edited:
Ok everyone I got the 41 chain but I can not get this pin out to save my life . Any other suggestions to get it out ? I am about to take it to a motorcycle shop and let them take it out

maybe use a peice of flat steel to lay it on, instead of wood. a good pin punch works better than a nail. i have also cracked the jaws of my vise, & knocked out the pin through the crack. it helps to have someone assist you in holding the chain up level with your work area.

Ok I am going to give it a shot tonight if I can't get it the local motorcycle shop wants 10 bucks to do it tomorrow

Back