need 55 mm clutch bell

triathloner

Local time
11:26 AM
Does anyone know where I can find a clutch bell that is 55 millimeters. I aquired a brand new wheed whip with a 25cc motor on clearance at home depot for 25 bucks, and I just have to try it on a bike. I would like the clutch bell come with a 1/2 shaft on it or be threaded so I can search for a threaded end shaft. I am in the process of building my own friction drive a lot like the staton or bmp, I just can't justify spending the money on theirs until I know for sure if I'm going to use this commuting or not, hence the cheap motor. Although as excited as I am and constantly thinking about it I'm guessing I will. Thanks for any help you can offer. Al.

Staton sells a 54 mm clutch drum for $13.95 - plus whatever his shipping is. He has lots of other related parts you might want to take a look at also.

This is a standard popular size used on many small weedeaters. If you are a bit of a scrounger, you should be able to find a used one without too much trouble.

gebe offers the 54mm clutch, but the bell-only isn't available...however, the complete assembly IS everything you just described & ready to bolt onto the appropriate engine...imo it would make a great DIY item, prolly pricey tho as a separate part. maybe you could find a used one.

gebe clutch assembly: http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=18905

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I'll probably order from staton, the price is good. I feel kind of dumb now, it wasn't until Silvaire mentioned that staton had it that I noticed more ways to shop for parts further down on the left side of their homepage, Wow they have a lot of stuff. thanks Again.

Back