Need a 5 "C" cell battery holder...

Pablo

Vendor
Local time
1:36 PM
For my rechargeable battery lighting plan.

Five C battery holders seem to be made of unobtainium.

Seems odd at first, but 5 X 1.2V = 6V. 1.2V = NiMH standard cell voltage.

Anyone know where to find such a thing?

TIA,

P

Have you considered using more or less batteries? Most light setups, even LEDs, aren't particularly voltage specific. In fact, I think I've seen on the candlepower forums quite a few people running 7.2v

Hmm.....well I will have an LED and incandescent affair...7.2V may be a bit much....but there are ways around that as well.

You might be surprised... Is there some sort of IC connected to this contraption? There might be an integrated inverter in there to step up the voltage in that case. Normal alkaline batteries don't constantly supply 1.5v. The voltage drops gradually as the charge runs down. This is typically why it's perfectly okay to swap out 1.2v NiMH or NiCad batteries in a lot of small devices. In fact, rechargeables typically hold a much steadier voltage than Alkalines, they just have a shorter charge cycle and won't stay charged on the shelf.

eljefino I deleted your post,(not cool at all) we don't need that kind of trouble

sorry.

Rig those cells inline, you can fab something like many headlights are fabbed with PVC pipe parts and end caps. Kind of a build your own flashlight without the head.

Back