Need a kit - best rack mount for $450?

hi; here is an option bikemotorparts friction kit 199.00 del. seattle--scootercatalog 49cc pullstart 126.00 del seattle = 325.00 mitch

I bought my first kit from Staton on ebay. It was a 1.6hp Subaru friction drive, and I got a great price on shipping. There was absolutely nothing wrong in the kit, no scratches, no dings.

I have both friction and chain drive. The Mits 2.2hp engine with roller drive is my favorite, because it's easy to remove/reinstall the engine or entire system. Besides, the chain drive won't fit my cruiser bike.(Sigh)

5-7

I <3 staton! Called today to see if friction had shipped and it was going out tonight. So I changed my order to a chain. I really wanted a chain anyways and got the friction instead because I didnt figure id get a chain or belt drive before winter hit. I was then gonna change the friction over to a gebe setup when they opened up their ordering again. I like this better, Im gonna buy the 40cc 2 stroke gebe kit and Ill have a chain and a belt drive. Gonna gear the chain low for moutain climbing and the belt high for commuting. Its been so wet this summer I was really worried about the friction kit.

I must admit... Staton is a great company to deal with when you can get in touch with them. I'd consider their products better than GEBE. I prolly won't ever get to see a GEBE kit unless I convince one of my friends to buy one of them.

I will buy from Staton in the future, but I wish they would hire at least one more person. It can't be *too* hard to find somebody interested in working at a motorized bicycle company, can it??

Would depend on the profitability of the company.
I notice gebe looks like a husband wife operation(just guessing). I would even speculate that it is a second job for most rather than their first source of income. If I was handy I would probably try to sell and install these locally for a second income. I will have to see how much interest this gets next summer.

Wow! I went and counted and it looks like staton averages selling 1 a day on ebay. Thats a great way to increase your volume as a business.

I also notice that they sell friction drives on ebay almost exclusively. I wonder why. In june and july I only see feedback for 2 chain kits even though they sold 50 to 60 friction drives during the same time.

look in the for sale section of this forum. Someone is selling a staton honda 35gx friction drive kit. Sounds like he is ready to take a reasonable offer.

Back