Need a little experienced help please!

Big joe 3288

Local time
1:52 PM
Hello I am having a slight issue with little to no compression to start there is a very slight air leak under the head but I don't think that it is big enough to cause this issue there is no cracks or leaks anywhere else that I know of and the seals look fine also wanted to know if any type of clutch issue could possibly be the cause appreciate any help

Well the title counts me out lol but I'm still going to say something because I feel chatty. :p
You have to fix the head gasket leak anyway so you may as well start there and see if that fixes it before moving on to anything else.

Well the title counts me out lol but I'm still going to say something because I feel chatty. :p
You have to fix the head gasket leak anyway so you may as well start there and see if that fixes it before moving on to anything else.
Also piston hitting head, i dont have torque just an ordinary ratchet if too loose it leaks, too tight it pings any suggestions any before i forget i only have liquid gasket

Also piston hitting head, i dont have torque just an ordinary ratchet if too loose it leaks, too tight it pings any suggestions any before i forget i only have liquid gasket
I'm wondering how this came to be. Has it always been like this? Is the base gasket missing? Is the head gasket missing?

I'm wondering how this came to be. Has it always been like this? Is the base gasket missing? Is the head gasket missing?
No both gaskets have always been there and from visual inspection the head gasket seemed to be fine I read some information stating that I should sand the bottom of the head so I'm doing that next the bike is used and I have had it for about 4 months when I first got it it would not start after trying everything I could I found out that the head was not tightened down all the way but in the process of finding that out I created more issues with the biggest being getting something down in the crank case I did not have the ability two take the motor apart but after a month-and-a-half whatever it was I got it broke up by manually turning the motor over by hand which was extremely hard but whatever was in there was small and probably metal and I don't know where it came from because I had never opened anything and it turned over fine at first...

No both gaskets have always been there and from visual inspection the head gasket seemed to be fine I read some information stating that I should sand the bottom of the head so I'm doing that next the bike is used and I have had it for about 4 months when I first got it it would not start after trying everything I could I found out that the head was not tightened down all the way but in the process of finding that out I created more issues with the biggest being getting something down in the crank case I did not have the ability two take the motor apart but after a month-and-a-half whatever it was I got it broke up by manually turning the motor over by hand which was extremely hard but whatever was in there was small and probably metal and I don't know where it came from because I had never opened anything and it turned over fine at first...
The things I have tried so far if check for leaks everywhere I also tested Magneto and CDI and there was activity also replace spark plug with NGK I have a dellorto carb which I have cleaned twice also adjusted the clutch to where it needs to be best as possible

Is your cylinder lining deeply scratched? It sounds like it would be!
Failure to work at all as a simple pump anymore would indicate one of those three main seals isn't sealing anymore (base gasket (and crankcase gasket), piston rings, head gasket are the three seals I'm thinking of) my thinking is it has to be one of those three.

You need to take it all apart and check everything.
New cheap cylinders for the cheapo basic engines are only £14.60 from China. You can rinse some petrol around in the crankcase to wash out pieces of metal so they don't get blown up into your new cylinder and ruin it. It'd be worth identifying the mystery metal though!

If the piston is hitting the head but it didn't used to... How could it be possible? I think perhaps there is a chunk of metal on top of the piston or embedded in the head.

Is your cylinder lining deeply scratched? It sounds like it would be!
Failure to work at all as a simple pump anymore would indicate one of those three main seals isn't sealing anymore (base gasket (and crankcase gasket), piston rings, head gasket are the three seals I'm thinking of) my thinking is it has to be one of those three.

You need to take it all apart and check everything.
New cheap cylinders for the cheapo basic engines are only £14.60 from China. You can rinse some petrol around in the crankcase to wash out pieces of metal so they don't get blown up into your new cylinder and ruin it. It'd be worth identifying the mystery metal though!

If the piston is hitting the head but it didn't used to... How could it be possible? I think perhaps there is a chunk of metal on top of the piston or embedded in the head.
There are no scratches in the cylinder lining however there are a bunch of small ping dents on the bottom of the cylinder head the only seals that I have checked are the seal under the Magneto and the seal under the small gear I didn't know about any others the base gasket and head gasket are both aluminum I have taken the head off several times and there is nothing on top of the piston I think it may be heading because I over tighten it if that is possible or maybe the numbers from my electrical test are wrong but they do show activity I just don't know how much there is supposed to be I got the information online can't be sure if it's correct but yes it maybe the base gasket but I did fill the bottom up with liquid gasket in between the bottom cooling fan and the crankcase to see if it would stop any air leaks not sure if it worked but I'm wondering if the clutch is not set right not sure if the clutch could contribute to this no compression issue

Oh yeah I forgot to mention crank seals.
If the piston is going up and down and yet not pumping and producing any pressure in the combustion chamber then the clutch isn't the direct cause of that issue.
You need to know what the mystery metal is because it is or was a part of your engine, and the engine needs all its parts.

piston hitting head should never happen - assuming it was meant to have two base gaskets, I'd add one (or at least add a 2nd head gasket)

I've never tried to start a motor with crap in bottom end (should probably run about 4 seconds, then grenade) - strips of refrigerator magnet taped to some coat hanger wire will get in under crank and maybe pull something out - otherwise, replace with new motor and save old one for parts or split cases and clean it out

Back