Need a New Tire

Beemer

Local time
10:41 AM
Hey guys (and gals),

I need a new tire already after just 400 miles of riding. The bike came stock with 26 x 2.35 tires. Would it be okay to put 26 x 2.12 tire on in place of it? Schwinn looks to make a decent kevlar backed tire with wire bead for $17 on Amazon and I'm considering that tire. i didn't realize that I'd be burning through a rear tire in such a short amount of time. I was hoping to save some money taking the bike to work in lieu of the car.

Hey guys (and gals),

I need a new tire already after just 400 miles of riding. The bike came stock with 26 x 2.35 tires. Would it be okay to put 26 x 2.12 tire on in place of it? Schwinn looks to make a decent kevlar backed tire with wire bead for $17 on Amazon and I'm considering that tire. i didn't realize that I'd be burning through a rear tire in such a short amount of time. I was hoping to save some money taking the bike to work in lieu of the car.
Yes they interchange along way as long as it's a 26"

There are different ranges a 26" tire's bead fits, depending on rim width I believe. If its close to the original then odds are it fits.

I use the duro beach bum tires on my bike, they seem to hold up fairly well. Wanted to try maxxis holy rollers but haven't got around too it yet.

Back