Need advice on a 4 stroke build

cloakedvillain

Local time
11:01 PM
I've got it planned out but the frame is going to be a trek 820 with the 21" center tube, and I'm going to weld a 3/8th inch steel plate between the center tube and down tube to mount a 49cc 4 stroke. Any concerns or issues? I am considering a steel c channel to provide a larger area to weld.

Moderators Note:
Since this thread is regarding adapting a 4 stroke motor to a bike, I am moving it to the 4 stroke section of the forum for better exposure and responses from our 4 stroke people.

I also changed the title of the thread with the addition of the words, "4 stroke".

I've got it planned out but the frame is going to be a trek 820 with the 21" center tube, and I'm going to weld a 3/8th inch steel plate between the center tube and down tube to mount a 49cc 4 stroke. Any concerns or issues? I am considering a steel c channel to provide a larger area to weld.

Moderators Note:
Since this thread is regarding adapting a 4 stroke motor to a bike, I am moving it to the 4 stroke section of the forum for better exposure and responses from our 4 stroke people.

I also changed the title of the thread with the addition of the words, "4 stroke".
Figure out what diameter of steel tubing your bike frame is. Then buy some of these roll bar clamps/couplers to weld your steel engine mounting plate to. Then you can bolt your engine mounting plate in. They make more economical versions of these. They make for a nice solid mount.
Screenshot_20230220-204358_Chrome.jpg

Pictures will help. What kind of reduction system do you plan to use?
The plan was a gas electric drive system, similar to bakaneko's hybrid but without the batteries. I've decided to shelve the design for now because I can build the power system, but I can't actually make it sensible for a bike frame. YesEinstein on youtube has an interesting build. He makes it work by using a low power motor, a small engine and a custom alternator.

Back