Need Advice on Assembling

Yeah ... I will get yelled at alot ... he thinks I can read his mind by having the tool ready or being in a certain spot. I tell him I can't but he don't believe me. Anyway I adjusted the brakes and trued up the wheels as best as I could. The nipples on this bike are terrible. The correct park tool was the blue, but it would not fit on some of the nipples I had to work them on. For those with a Huffy blue is the correct spoke wrench. I reinforced the fenders with bolts, lock washers and lock nuts. Did the same with the chain guard.

I would still like to know what I did wrong with that rear hub. I mean it's a simple mechanism ... I should have been able to do it. There has got to be some info that is missing from the tutorials I saw. Even my friend said there was things missing when he checked out the video.

Hello all ... I got my part and I am starting the assembly with the back wheel. View attachment 87678Should I used the grease cover or not? The cover is just a little bit too big ... it this okay the way it is or should it fit better, or should I leave the cover off. One picture with cover ... one with out.
Leave it on!

I don't trust any fenders after almost getting run over by either a semi-truck or city bus. Came to a skidding halt between the two at around 35 mph because of a rear fender lockup, was splitting lanes coming up to an on ramp and was just a few feet from both of those massive tires, fishtailing back and forth. f*** stock walmart fenders, they will kill you, if given the chance.

I put lock washers and lock nuts with longer bolts on the fenders, and I don't think I will be doing 35mph on a bicycle.

Just keep an eye on them. It's usually the brackets that break rather then the bolts coming loose.

It was my bracket that broke too. I dare not think of what would have happened if my front fender pulled that stunt instead of the rear at that moment... The front fender was removed before I got a new tire and tube to get back on my way. The rim was grinded down a bit as well, stuck cardboard there to keep the sharp edges off the rubber. It worked so don't hate.

Hummmm .... I never thought about the bracket on the fender breaking. I will have to keep that in mind. Where did they break on each of your bikes ... in the middle or on the end?

Well my friend came back to help me and unfortunately we didn't get very far. We had problems mounting the motor due to the plate. The bracket on one side that holds the plate needed to be grind because it would not fit well on the bike frame. As you can see we had problems with the mounting screws for the bracket. The only thing close to those type of bolts were at a auto store. Also there was the problem where we could not bolt the engine to the plate and put it on the bracket on the bike because there was not enough room to lift the engine and the plate over it. We figure we are going to have to mount the engine with the plate and bracket together.

P1040493.JPG
Another problem you can see in the picture is the holes for the engine bolts are blocked by the bracket. We have to have it in the position shown in order for it to fit on the bike. So we have to get a cutting tool and cut an opening so we can bolt the engine to the plate. Why the manufacturer didn't take that into consideration is beyond me. Hopefully we will get more done during his next visit. We just keep running into complications one being the mount has to be modified.

My friend has never done this before so he says he has to take it slow ... and man does he:sneaky::cautious::whistle:

Could you please tell me what part of the fender bracket broke on your bikes ... I'm wondering if it could be reinforced.:unsure:

Back