Need Advice on Assembling

Dang ... I thought it would be the same size as the wrench. Guess I have to try again. I get the M4. Still have to order some.

Whenever I lose a screw, nut or bolt that I don't know the size, I bring the item it mates to with me to a hardware store to check before I buy. It's a bit more expensive than ordering online, but you know it fits, and you get it right then and there.

The trouble was Dan it didn't have a mate it was one of a kind. Gary was correct it was a M4 ... I was able to get it from Lowes. They were cheaper there than online. When I put in the screw it completely disappeared while screwing it in. I think the lost screw may be in there. I had to use another M4 screw to fill the hole. If I am correct ... then there are three set screws in that one hole on the sprocket. The ones I got looked like the same length as the original. I don't know what is up with that.

I took the bike for a short spin to see how it is. I'm a bit nervous because of the crash stories I've heard. When I picked up to a good speed I could hear the chain and I don't know if that is normal sounds or not. I have to learn what it sounds like when all is well.

What kind of precaution do I need to take. What do I need to keep an eye on to maintain safety? Like all of you I can't afford to get hurt.:sick:

For the first 10 miles or so, check everything. The engine puts a lot more vibration in than the bike was designed for, so stuff that was okay on a bike is going to come loose. Seat, handlebars, wheel nuts... it can all come undone. After you've seen what comes undone you'll know what to look for and can ease off on the inspections. After a couple hundred miles it should all be sorted.

Thanks Old ... you know it took me a while to get your avatar. But now I do.:LOL: Well guys I took the bike out on the road for a spin ... It was nice.:cool: I didn't go faster than 16 mph. My average speed was about 10 mph. I went about 8 miles in all. Listening to sounds and the feel of things to know what is normal and what is not. I have no desire to go faster than 20 mph. I did check for loose nuts and screws. Keeping an eye on the fenders too.

Wellsir ... the assembly is done. I would like to thank all those that helped me put this together. Gary ... Dan ... Mcdonns ... Hotness ... and everyone else that took the time to read and post in this thread, thank you. It took me almost 12 weeks to do a job that would take someone with experience a few hours, but I got it done. 🤗 It is my hope that anyone that wants to build their own motorized bike will benefit from this thread.:geek:

Thanks Old ... you know it took me a while to get your avatar. But now I do.:LOL: Well guys I took the bike out on the road for a spin ... It was nice.:cool: I didn't go faster than 16 mph. My average speed was about 10 mph. I went about 8 miles in all. Listening to sounds and the feel of things to know what is normal and what is not. I have no desire to go faster than 20 mph. I did check for loose nuts and screws. Keeping an eye on the fenders too.

Wellsir ... the assembly is done. I would like to thank all those that helped me put this together. Gary ... Dan ... Mcdonns ... Hotness ... and everyone else that took the time to read and post in this thread, thank you. It took me almost 12 weeks to do a job that would take someone with experience a few hours, but I got it done. 🤗 It is my hope that anyone that wants to build their own motorized bike will benefit from this thread.:geek:
I'm sure they will. You went through a lot not only in mechanical problems, but in dealing with the salty old farts on the forum as well. You did great, and I'm glad I was a part of the experience. Here's to many miles of worry free riding.

Back