Need Advice on Assembling

spirittoo

Local time
1:42 AM
Hello all ... I got my part and I am starting the assembly with the back wheel.
P1040452.JPG
Should I used the grease cover or not? The cover is just a little bit too big ... it this okay the way it is or should it fit better, or should I leave the cover off. One picture with cover ... one with out.

Here it is without the grease cover. I couldn't post both pictures so I did another post.
P1040453.JPG

How to install sprocket on motorized bike youtube. Find the one that works with your hub.

I hope you are running more than just a coaster brake.
Yeah I bought a set of brakes .... I was watching this video @8:50 to grease the axle I put it back together like he said but I can't move the brake as he can ... what am I doing wrong. When I tried and loosen it some the axle is no longer steady and the bearing are exposed. I see it must be bend so not to hit the screws, but I don't understand why it (coaster brake) won't move like in the video. I have a Huffy Nel Losso beach cruiser.
Need Advice on Assembling

It sounds like you didn't get the bearing races and lock nuts tightened correctly. It can be a pain to get it right without the correct tools. You want to get your bearing races at a sweet spot where there is no wobble if you shake your tire side to side, and no spots it catches while spinning, or any undue friction. It can be a pain in the ass at first, but when you've been dealing with a coaster brake (that you occasionally use), you should get used to re-adjusting your rear hub. The brake pads and it's assembly inside the hub can get wrecked and lock up too. I advise to only use the coaster brake if you absolutely need to stop as fast as possible, and maybe only if the rim brakes fail.

How do I get the bearing races and lock nuts tightened correctly?:oops: Also I checked to see how the back wheel fit on the bike and the sprocket is rubbing against the frame ... I have two photos I will post one at a time.
P1040454.JPG

It's very hard to tell with those pics, but I can give you my experiance with moving from a single speed coaster brake rear wheel to a multi-speed. The axle is wider and you will need to cold-set your frame. Youtube how to do that. It should give you more chain clearance and give you other options for much better brakes. Coaster brakes are's meant to stop you from over 15 mph and can self-destruct (at your own peril) if you try to use them over normal beach cruiser speeds. A disk brake hub, with the sprocket attached where the disc brake mounts, with a rim that can use rim brakes is best imo, seen too many issues at the races with disc brakes, they wear too fast or heat up and turn to soap...

Are you saying look for a video to cold set my frame (I don't know what that means)? Finding info on adjusting my rear hub will correct my problem?

Back