Engine Trouble Need advice

There is no effect on the pumped presure the down stroke makes pushing the intake charge up the transfers the intake charge when compressed in the chamber how ever is lost due to lack of seal and therefore cant contain the ignited charge to make power!

There is no effect on the pumped presure the down stroke makes pushing the intake charge up the transfers the intake charge when compressed in the chamber how ever is lost due to lack of seal and therefore cant contain the ignited charge to make power!
But then the lower psi makes the difference in the negative wave in the exhaust pipe. Those drawings pushing the sucked out gas are a great example to look at and understand clearly.

The air gets sucked slower with less air.

This makes it easy enough, more fumes from the pipe and louder it poo-poos the exhaust sound, the MORE sucking and blowing that's going on, which translates very clearly to horse power. Horse eats more it gets more horse power and of course it exhausts much more than a small horse.

If the intake charge cant be contained and bleeds out the seal then the pipe wont see the volume needed to make a sufficient divergent wave and the convergent wave having less amplitude will not make the suck and push your referring to

Last edited:
thats why you can't give throttle the charge volume is insufficient to create the pressure waves needed to make power!

Yes so like I said, low sucking pressure at the head which isn't always a bad thing, depending on the blow by you're experiencing it could even refresh the whole system. I think my only problem is that even with a little sucking pressure I still manage suffer from premature ignition at times.

If this is a problem you might want to check your timing belt.

Back