Need Alot Of Help,

It's sad for the consumer that ppl who design this stuff & ppl who build this stuff either can't or won't test/ride their own products........their defeating their own purpose.
Keep at it man...as usual "Rome wasn't built in a day"

I was taking pics and my Digi camera DIED!!!!

GRRR is all i got to say...
But I did get my trottle hooked up, But I didnt like the way it lookd... looked like it was done with no TLC... this Friday night I got like 8 Hours Set aside to work on my baby, ... .<3 so Im hoping to have it all done this week end...
and I had to make my own motor mount... I opened the one whole up...
and it cracked the motor mount.... once I took the bike for a ride and the bouncing on the motor weight... so the one mechanic welded me a frame.. and put the holes in... so ...

I need to finish my trottle / clutch cable hook up..
Shorten my chain ALOT!!!
and mount the gas tank... (the easy step)

-Robert

Trrotle Is on OMG im soooo happy I got it working with the handel bars turned to max, Which I know i never do when Im riding...

I had a few more ?'s as normal...

With the Gear BOX, see my pic ..

my gear box came bolted Closed... I just put the top two screws in to bolt it to the motor.. Is there ment to be 4 bolts holding it to the motor...
Makes sence to me... but I figuared I would just ask...

I have to remove it to work on my chain so I can easy open it to look for the other 2 holes... But If the people are using the top 2 bolts then I will leave it..

Now just the Chain and Clutch and Gas tank...

I have now redone the trottle 3 times... this week... I hope I like this one...
After I finish the bike and get it riding I think im going to spend some time looking into doing alot of these thing over to be more professional...

-Robert

-P.S. I just got this pic sent to me of the master chain link... WOot woot I know what im doing this FRI night...

Attachments

• this.jpg
    this.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 223
  • masterlink-chain.gif
    masterlink-chain.gif
    14.7 KB · Views: 222
Take your tranny mostly apart & see how it works(remembering how to put it back together ofcourse)
No need to take the engager apart if u don't want,just get familiar with it.
You'll see the other 2 internal mounting screw holes(tranny & engine holes should line-up,& u should have the screws)
Grease the gears/engager/etc...it's up to u what grease...i use high speed axle grease mixed with graphite powder(available from locksmiths) but others simply use white lithium grease.
IF u decide to locktite that centre bolt in the drive sprocket be careful...it's full of little ball bearings.
With chain direction the rounded side of the joining link clip ALWAYS moves in the direction of chain travel....DON'T reverse it.
By the look of your pic your governor is still connected....is that right,& if-so what are u going to do about it(if anything)?
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=8310

PS...if anyone else is following this thread & i've missed something please feel free to chime-in with relevant info.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.staton-inc.com/Details.asp?ProductID=3014

This web site is like WAY OVER PRICED!!!!!!!
the honda gxh50 cc motor I have now seen low at $240.00 and Normally easy to get with out looking $300 . (both prices with shipping)
Now the motor mount kit is like 160. so Im hoping the rest of the price is the bike, But they really dont give the Details ...

BUT back to our topic... (sorry just got home from work and my main man at work.. the guy right under me gave his notice....)

So on my gear box I do need two get the other 2 bolts in (that are located in the gear box)......... Right?

*Signs*... At least on my second project Ill know all this stuff.... *pheww*

Well I got my Gear box off and wow...
The little Pin that slides into the main Shaft off the Motor,
and the Clutch Disk,
Well that is stuck on the dam shaft, so After work Ill try and get the
clutch off with some Free slide Spray that I have.

O and I found the master link and wow it came off easy with out me Snaping the little C clamp.

So now after I get this Clutch off and then get the Motor mount Re Grinded so I can get all for lower bolts in the motor, and Grind the motor mount on the lower side were the Clutch cable comes off the Gear box, Ill be able to Rehook up the gas and the Clutch cable ....

O and the gas tank that came with it.. I may not be using because The Mount makes it push aganst the back of the motor... SO thats not good...
so Im calling Honda to see how much there top mount Gas tank is... If its Cheap then HOlla... Im Done!!!!!!!

if not then Ill have to Custom Mod a mounting plate for the Gas tank plate...

-Robert

p.s. fetor Im doing the motor bike Peeps Right...
Im doing this project 100% ... Its taken a long time having to mod 90% of everything..
The cables were $20 bucks USA for longer cables..

Attachments

• GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 211
That little pin is the Woodruff Key & it's important cos it breaks easier than the surrounding harder metal,so if anything goes wrong your protected.
Try with the spray & a screwdriver EACH SIDE & under the clutch & gently pry/rock it free....also slightly grease the output shaft when done.
The correct orientation of the clutch is with the spring facing OUTWARDS so it's visible,but like i said in an earlier comment it can be flipped for more even wear.
I had to file my clutch groove out slightly for the Woodruff key to fit.The final fit should be snug.....not tight,not loose.

Since your not going to use a diaphram carb i much prefer the idea of a tank with the fuel outlet at the bottom of the tank....the genuine Honda tank & bracket is probably expensive.E-mail Dax & see if he'll sell u what u want....his Titan tank & mounting bracket will fit straight on(Titan engine is a Honda clone)
http://thatsdax.com/

BTW....the chain u get with the kit is Stretch-O-Matic rubbish....i use "KMC K910 Kool Chain" but other ppl here use locally bought chains(from Lowes i think).Research that if your interested.
Keep at it man. :D

Back