Need bolt help

Willbe76

Local time
3:14 AM
Need to change out my drive sprocket. Some of the teeth broke. Did the work got it changed. The problem is the nut keeps backing its self off. I was wondering if it has to be torque down to fix the problem im having

sounds more like the woodruff key isn't holding the sprocket from spinning

Ok I wasn't sure thats why i thought i would ask. Is that something i can pick up?

Ok I wasn't sure thats why i thought i would ask. Is that something i can pick up?
Ya and you have to torque the nut and loctite. Put a penny between the gears and tighten the nut. Inspect the shaft for damage. Could have just been a deffective sprocket or maybe the output shaft is bent. If the key looks damaged replace it. Never heard of that problem before. My chain would kink inside the area under the cover but I had the tensioner on wrong.

Ya and you have to torque the nut and loctite. Put a penny between the gears and tighten the nut. Inspect the shaft for damage. Could have just been a deffective sprocket or maybe the output shaft is bent. If the key looks damaged replace it. Never heard of that problem before. My chain would kink inside the area under the cover but I had the tensioner on wrong.

Ok yeah this started when my chain broke and got wrapped around my rear tire and locked up the chain. Thats how the teeth broke off

Back