Need Carb Jets for 66/80cc

deeppurple52

Local time
7:51 AM
Where can I purchase carb jets for my 66cc Skyhawk? The main jet has a much larger thread than the 5mm Deorto jets.
The bike runs reasonably well to about 3/4 throttle. From there up I have to choke it to keep it from bogging. This tells me the main jet is too small. I have no problem tuning but I need a source for jets to get it right. Any help out there?

Where can I purchase carb jets for my 66cc Skyhawk? The main jet has a much larger thread than the 5mm Deorto jets.
The bike runs reasonably well to about 3/4 throttle. From there up I have to choke it to keep it from bogging. This tells me the main jet is too small. I have no problem tuning but I need a source for jets to get it right. Any help out there?

What kind of carb do you have?

Someone was saying in another thread about tapping out the jet making it bigger, and then putting wire in the center of the jet's hole until it is set where you want. Then just solder it to the jet and let it go. Wish I could source it.

For the best way I'd say throw away that CNS garbage and get an NT carb, then you can use the 5mm Delortos, and you don't have to choke more than you're throttling.

You need to make the jet bigger to richen up the mixture. You can get a set of pin drill bits that are very tiny.
you can figure out what size the hole is in the jet with a drill bit, and then drill out the hole 1 size bigger at a time until it runs better.
This will take a lot of time, but it works.
the trick is to drill the hole out a little at a time and try it every time after you drill it out.
a tiny change in jet size, makes a big difference.

i bought a whole set of jets from sick bike parts. i have an sd stinger engine and a nt carb. i just tried to put a 72 jet in and it will not screw in all the way. the threads must be slightly bigger than the stock jet. also the thing looks nothing like the original one at all. completely different. i thought people were using these jets on nt carbs? i believe they are dellorto jets. sick bike parts sells them. i have 10 of them now i paid like $4 a piece for. and i cant use them. whats the deal?

i bought a whole set of jets from sick bike parts. i have an sd stinger engine and a nt carb. i just tried to put a 72 jet in and it will not screw in all the way. the threads must be slightly bigger than the stock jet. also the thing looks nothing like the original one at all. completely different. i thought people were using these jets on nt carbs? i believe they are dellorto jets. sick bike parts sells them. i have 10 of them now i paid like $4 a piece for. and i cant use them. whats the deal?

Have you removed the old jet itself from the tube?

yeah. took the tube out. took the jet out of the end of the tube. but the new jet (dellorto jet from sick bike parts) will not screw all the way in. and i really dont want to try and force it. the threads are obviously a little bit bigger. i havent heard any one else have problems like this. i wonder what the deal is?

Just because the threads are bigger, that doesn't /really/ mean anything. Now, if you said there's a larger thread pitch, then definitely don't use it! But it's going to be slightly larger threads than what you pulled out of there. It's not going to slide in like butter, cause it's not the same mfgr. Make sure it's not cross threaded and make sure you don't have a piece of sand in your threads on either piece - then, crank it on.

Of course, there's a chance that Stinger's have something weird going on with the tube - maybe some nonstock thing, who knows.

This IS very odd.

The SBP jets are 5mm, so I doubt it's a size issue - the only other jet sizes are 6mm. I wonder if you have a Chinese custom job (CCJ)

i wouldnt think that it was a 6mm. its almost like its a 4 1/2 hahaha. but yeah. i wonder if maybe there is something a little different with the sd stinger. i see that not many people have them. so maybe i have found an issue no one else has run into and talked about before...

now i do have a question though. i see people always mention the stock carbs as being an "NT" carb. the carb i have says "NTTC" on it. are these the same thing??

Back