Clutch need clutch side case!!!!!! and cylinder, please help

Discussion in 'Transmission / Drivetrain' started by jasonpadilla, Jun 9, 2010.

1. jasonpadilla

jasonpadilla New Member

Does anybody have a case for a grubee skyhawk 66cc?? The one on the right side??? And also a cylinder and head? I'm really really screwed !!! I drilled a bigger hole in my case cuz I stripped the threads but when I drilled the cylinder hole so the new threads would fit, it went thru the wall so my cylinder is destroyed and I want to replace the case so I don't have this problem again, honestly I don't have a lot of money and this is my only way to get to work, can someone please help

<
  2. Al.Fisherman

Al.Fisherman Active Member

Can't help with the parts, but I'd appreciate you telling me how the threads pulled out in the first place. I'm compiling a list of things to watch for. My first thoughts are that a torque wrench wasn't used to tighten the nuts on the studs to begin with.

3. jasonpadilla

jasonpadilla New Member

U r right al I did not torque the studs down, do u know of any place I can get a replacement case???

4. GearNut

GearNut Active Member

5. Al.Fisherman

Al.Fisherman Active Member

Thought so. When you get a replacement case trash the OEM (about a grade 3) studs and install metric grade 8.8 and lock tite them in. 6mm torque 50-60 inch pounds and 8mm 120 to 204 inch pounds. I use 50 and 150.

6. retromike3

retromike3 Member

you might

You might consider getting a new engine. they are fairly inexpensive and it might be a bit like a three dee model so you can see what is happening before it does. I am working on my second engine and I keep the first around just to see if the modes will "take".

Just a thought.

Mike