Need Complete Front Disk Brake Kit.

DAMIEN1307

Staff member
Local time
1:42 PM
Hi guys,

Need some expert advice as to whom to order from, a COMPLETE front disk brake kit for my Hyper Bike Company, regular, stock, 26" spoked wheel/rim.

Ideally, I would need a kit with everything to just do it up...brake lever and cable, front disk rotor, disk brake pads and calipers along with any adapters necessary to mount it own a stock 26" bicycle wheel/rim etc.

Im just getting overwhelmed in my online search for such a kit...descriptions are found, "wanting", to say the least and anything ive seen so far is not clear at all about adapters being necessary or not.

Hopefully some of you fine folks out here have some experience with this, and hopefully provide links as to where to see it, get it from, etc. along with any "caveat emptors" that any of you may have run into when ordering and/or installing such a kit.

My bike is now just too fast for me to rely on the front rim type brake any longer and i dont like the idea of heating up the rear coaster brake, so im riding much slower than the bike can do just so i can stop in time.

Its really nice to be able to go and go fast, but nicer still to be able to stop when you really need to as well...i may be 65 yrs old but i DO intend to get older.

I absolutely refuse to kick the bucket too soon and make so many people happy all at once...lol...DAMIEN

If you refuse to go, then get rid of the coaster brake and add a rim brake.
Look on you local craigs list and find a used bike with everything you need and just swap the whole front end. Look for a bike with a compatible steer tube.

If you refuse to go, then get rid of the coaster brake and add a rim brake.
Look on you local craigs list and find a used bike with everything you need and just swap the whole front end. Look for a bike with a compatible steer tube.
Heheheheh...I think you may have missed my point...For right now, I need the complete front DISK brake set-up...In future, when the next social security checks/direct deposits come in, then i can afford maybe the rear DISK brake set up as well but i can only afford to do things one step at a time...lol...The front disk brakes is the most crucial at this time, hence my post "subject header",...Need Complete Front Disk Brake Kit...DAMIEN

Ps...I thought about rim brake for the rear but if im not getting the stopping power with the existing rim brake on the front along with the rear coaster at the speeds im going and even without engine in gear going downhill, then im thinking that rim brakes are a lost cause here.

Welcome to the 50+ MPH Club
There is no way around it your just gonna have to invest $$$ in wheels and brakes.
I use Worksman Cycles F&R drum brake wheels on my Whizzer Motorbike
Disc brakes are a little more involved to install on a bike not designed for disc brakes.
There have been reported cases of the front forks folding from installing a disc brake kit. Be careful

Ahhhh...I appreciate that, but Albuque is over 210 miles away, (about 4 hrs each way by car), and without a car, (i use the bike as my year round transport), it would be difficult getting there, besides, Its a brand new bike and motor in May this year, i would much prefer dealing with brand new stuff, at least for now since everything has been flawless with this build and id like to keep it that way...When i did have a couple minor problems, bicycle-engine.com has warranted everything with their engine kits free of charge for first six months on their products...DAMIEN

And just another thought...Changing out a steel front fork for an aluminum front fork makes me queezy in the tummy with a motorized bike...ive heard too many horror stories of using aluminum bikes and or portions of bikes being aluminum on motorized bikes.

Last edited:
Welcome to the 50+ MPH Club
Heheheheheh...just because i CAN do 50+, doesnt mean im going to at any time, if ever again, its more because it just excelerates so much quicker than my expectations, that if i have to do an unexpected, fast, rapid, slowdown or stop, im going to be wearing that bike firmly implanted up my backside...lol...Other than that, i DO anticipate my normal slowdowns and stops and the rim brakes in front, It just doesnt cut it...DAMIEN

Last edited:
I was just saying, not really meaning for you to get that bike. The fork is probably steel, I took one from a aluminum bike before.

Measure your steer tube and get a new fork with a disc brake off of Amazon or ebay when your pay gets here.

Heheheheheh...just because i CAN do 50+, doesnt mean im going to at any time, if ever again, its more because it just excelerates so much quicker than my expectations, that if i have to do an unexpected, fast, rapid, slowdown or stop, im going to be wearing that bike firmly implanted up my backside...lol...Other than that, i DO anticipate my normal slowdowns and stops and the rim brakes in front, It just doesnt cut it...DAMIEN
Just buy a good pair of sneakers, ya always can drag your 👟 feet :ROFLMAO:

I just installed 203mm TRP rotors for front brakes, amazing power. They have bolt on adapters for the forks but you will need wheel, new forks would be better. Just because it can endo the bike doesn’t mean you have to panic stop every time.

Your bike has caliper brakes. They are the weakest of the rim brakes. If you changed to v brakes they will be just as strong as disc with only the cost of forks. I’ve got used forks designed for it. Check headset and wheel size to fit. It will stop you securely. The first v brakes were so strong they would crush the steel rims. They’ve dialed it in since then.

Back