Need Complete Front Disk Brake Kit.

I’m also glad I learned that trick.

If your brakes aren’t enough or your chain breaks,
squeeze the front tire with both boots.
As a kid I replaced the rear wheel on my 20" bike with a three speed wheel, that meant I lost brakes. No problem, I removed the front fender and used my sneakers between the fork to stop. I wore out a lot of shoes, I had to use right and left equally.

As a kid I replaced the rear wheel on my 20" bike with a three speed wheel, that meant I lost brakes. No problem, I removed the front fender and used my sneakers between the fork to stop. I wore out a lot of shoes, I had to use right and left equally.

For a while I rode with no brakes I would put the bike into a slide to stop. I also used my foot on the front tire too.
More than once I would have to stop in a hurry as the bike path came to a intersection. While I was sliding the bike to stop it would throw gravel all over the cars at the stop light :oops:

I'm 52 yrs old and still doing that, rocking the nexus 3 coaster brake and on one got vertical dropouts so chain issue a lot on that one, only difference from then and now is live in N. Georgia instead of the coast, a lot more red lights, the asphalt is much harder these days, damn Adidas costing a whole bill instead of 30, my bones are slow to heal and this 30 something year old kid saying for years I'm his daddy always shaking his head saying he leaves a truck in my driveway all the time for a reason while I'm being X-rayed and telling the hot nurse how many bikes I got, gotta a lot of superstars looks new but the corner be gone from braking, but to sum it up got the truck out of my drive finally cause it was nothing but in the way and according to the kid he said when I get killed on my bike he was going to become very rich, I told him good you can buy me a bike

Hi guys,

Need some expert advice as to whom to order from, a COMPLETE front disk brake kit for my Hyper Bike Company, regular, stock, 26" spoked wheel/rim.

Ideally, I would need a kit with everything to just do it up...brake lever and cable, front disk rotor, disk brake pads and calipers along with any adapters necessary to mount it own a stock 26" bicycle wheel/rim etc.

Im just getting overwhelmed in my online search for such a kit...descriptions are found, "wanting", to say the least and anything ive seen so far is not clear at all about adapters being necessary or not.

Hopefully some of you fine folks out here have some experience with this, and hopefully provide links as to where to see it, get it from, etc. along with any "caveat emptors" that any of you may have run into when ordering and/or installing such a kit.

My bike is now just too fast for me to rely on the front rim type brake any longer and i dont like the idea of heating up the rear coaster brake, so im riding much slower than the bike can do just so i can stop in time.

Its really nice to be able to go and go fast, but nicer still to be able to stop when you really need to as well...i may be 65 yrs old but i DO intend to get older.

I absolutely refuse to kick the bucket too soon and make so many people happy all at once...lol...DAMIEN
I got mine on amazon, the whole kit is like $33

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Don’t you have mag wheels ? They already have 6 holes for the rotor his doesn’t. He’s got spokes which doesn’t have the holes . His options to this is a different wheel with the holes for rotors then your kit. Also his forks don’t have them caliper mount. That’s another issue . There is a adaptor for the forks which is cheap 10 or less. Just he needs to measure the forks for size of the right adaptor . Hope this helps

Last edited:
Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Hi guys,

Need some expert advice as to whom to order from, a COMPLETE front disk brake kit for my Hyper Bike Company, regular, stock, 26" spoked wheel/rim.

Ideally, I would need a kit with everything to just do it up...brake lever and cable, front disk rotor, disk brake pads and calipers along with any adapters necessary to mount it own a stock 26" bicycle wheel/rim etc.

Im just getting overwhelmed in my online search for such a kit...descriptions are found, "wanting", to say the least and anything ive seen so far is not clear at all about adapters being necessary or not.

Hopefully some of you fine folks out here have some experience with this, and hopefully provide links as to where to see it, get it from, etc. along with any "caveat emptors" that any of you may have run into when ordering and/or installing such a kit.

My bike is now just too fast for me to rely on the front rim type brake any longer and i dont like the idea of heating up the rear coaster brake, so im riding much slower than the bike can do just so i can stop in time.

Its really nice to be able to go and go fast, but nicer still to be able to stop when you really need to as well...i may be 65 yrs old but i DO intend to get older.

I absolutely refuse to kick the bucket too soon and make so many people happy all at once...lol...DAMIEN
Here’s the front fork adapter mount just need to get size of your fork.
Micro Trader MTB Bicycle Mounting Holder 20mm/31.8mm Disc Brake Bracket Frame Adaptor 160mm https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LATEPZA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_yhJQFbCKGY8B1

Back