Need Help diagnosing Clutch problems

SpenceDawg

Local time
1:29 AM
So I've been having clutch issues on and off for a couple weeks now and I was hoping for some advice on exactly what I should do (I'm new to this)

So to start off, one day my bike just stopped starting. The clutch would not engage, so the bike rolled freely at all times. I took of the clutch cover and found that, whether or not the clutch lever was being held, the clutch plate was not making contact with the clutch pads. In my attempt to tighten the flower nut (i thought this would be a solution), I stripped the tiny screw that keeps the flower nut in place, popped off the clutch plate, and messed up the flower nut a bit (total f*** up on my part, in total honesty). I ordered a new plate, spring, flower nut, and a couple of those tiny screws.

When I went to reinstall the new parts, it took a couple tries but the bike started running, no problems. However, I still couldn't get it up to full speed... at a certain point, giving it more throttle just meant a ton of vibration and lower rpm unless i was going uphill in which case i could actually go faster. I determined my fuel mix was too rich, and when I went to take of the NT speed carb and move the c-clip(it hadn't been able to slide on the engine originally so I'd had to mess with it a little bit), the part that held it on chipped and broke, meaning it would have an unsealable air leak.

I switched back to the original stock carb, moved the c-clip, and all was well!! Then, a few days later, the clutch started slipping (I think). As I opened the throttle more, the engine would start to rev really hard but the clutch wouldn't catch and the bike wouldn't speed up (excuse me if my lingo isn't proper here, im not really much of a mechanic if you can't tell by all my f- ups haha).

Now, I have to ride at extremely low revs, and it takes an extra second or two after releasing the clutch for the bike to start. I'm afraid maybe my clutch pads are worn down from all the experimenting I did trying to fix the clutch plate issue in the first place. What do you think I should do?? I'm thinking of taking the cover off and tightening the flower nut more, but that was hard enough the first time (I'd had to hold the clutch lever in to pop the plate out in order to tighten the nut enough for the bike to even start).

I know I'm new to this and have probably not handled this perfectly, but I'm tryin my best and its a work in progress! Hopefully I didn't do too much damage and can salvage this engine...

Thanks in advance!

that is not how to adjust clutch & cable - look on this board for detailed steps

Sorry I forgot to mention that I made sure the clutch cable was positioned correctly before taking off the clutch cover and looking in there

So the clutch arm comes out fully that's cool.t this might not help but I had some clutch slipping problems no matter how much I did the flower nut up even when the clutch arm did nothing it still slips if I remember it was the red pads in the clutch that work good for a while but then ...so I put Black ones in. and fixed. If your Pad are not red then Iam outy

Back