Need help. Engine disassembly.

Octo Ro

Local time
10:14 PM
I bought the gt90 conversion kit a little while ago, but I haven't been able to put it together and ride with it because of a few reasons.

Firstly, I can't remove the drive gear. I used a wrench to make it so the gear was unable to move while I used a drill with the flathead bit to try and unscrew it, but the drill was unable to do so. I guess it's too tight or something.

Secondly, one of the screws connecting the two sides of the casing has an extremely stripped head. Like, there's absolutely nothing to grab.

Lastly, I can't remove the drive sprocket. I tried using the clutch puller too that came with the other kit but when I tried to pull the sprocket out, the tool came out and was stripped. I have no idea how to remove the sprocket without that.

I have no idea how to get the crankshaft out or the other things I can't remove, and I really want to just finish this thing already and use it. It's been weeks since I bought the conversion kit. Help and advice to do this would be greatly appreciated, also some advice and tips for when I put it together. Thanks in advance.

Heat the screw with a propane torch or micro torch and use a dime or small coin to stop the gears from moving. The pullers are all garbage the same thing happened to me. I hear you. They also make impact screwdrivers that you hit and it turns at the same time. You probably have the swiss cheese low grade bolts I'm guessing the ones with the phillips heads. Just get a gp460 on a staton kit you'll have none of these problems. It's a 4.19 hp 46cc motor and they even make a stroker kit for it. $387 for the pair but it's well worth it. Auto clutch needs very little maintenance compared to the CG garbages and makes it simple one less cable and lever to worry about. I personally will never buy another one. That's just my take.

What are you unscrewing with a drill? Post a picture for more help. You can use a drill bit and drill the head off of that bolt then when you get the case in half turn it out with a vice grip. If you have an orielys by you they will "loan you" or sell you a better puller you could use on that gear.

What are you unscrewing with a drill? Post a picture for more help. You can use a drill bit and drill the head off of that bolt then when you get the case in half turn it out with a vice grip. If you have an orielys by you they will "loan you" or sell you a better puller you could use on that gear.

Attachments

• 15548637334928097703700879484681.jpg
    15548637334928097703700879484681.jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 131
Need to use the proper size screw driver, from the ding marks your only using half the screw driver size [width] needed. Also once you use the right size try tapping on the end of the screw driver firmly in place in the slot. A few good whacks can't hurt it.

torch it only times ive struggled with that bolt was due to red thread locker once it got hot enough i could smell something funny burning then it turned out easier than you can blink an eye i was like really all that effort and 2mins with a small butane torch could have saved me some grunting trying to force it out

Ya Hans that's what I thought lots of trouble and they did not give you a complete kit it is only partial what good is that going to do they give side covers big deal I can take the covers off an old one don't even need that, stupid just throw in a few worthless items but it won't run after you put their skimp together.
You might take it to some automotive shop ask them use an impact wrench, I'm not sure if it will pull apart or not look like one needs a special press

On pulling the what was it clutch nut or mag nut. Get a chisel and a hammer drive it beneath the gear avoid drive Ng it into the shaft, work your self around the gear takes about half hour. Shim it to raise it.
Let me know what you think of your gyp kit. I'm thinking of buying new motor but I half to build both top and bottom and if the bottom is not pieces I dread on taking it apart.

I bought the gt90 conversion kit a little while ago, but I haven't been able to put it together and ride with it because of a few reasons.

Firstly, I can't remove the drive gear. I used a wrench to make it so the gear was unable to move while I used a drill with the flathead bit to try and unscrew it, but the drill was unable to do so. I guess it's too tight or something.

Secondly, one of the screws connecting the two sides of the casing has an extremely stripped head. Like, there's absolutely nothing to grab.

Lastly, I can't remove the drive sprocket. I tried using the clutch puller too that came with the other kit but when I tried to pull the sprocket out, the tool came out and was stripped. I have no idea how to remove the sprocket without that.

I have no idea how to get the crankshaft out or the other things I can't remove, and I really want to just finish this thing already and use it. It's been weeks since I bought the conversion kit. Help and advice to do this would be greatly appreciated, also some advice and tips for when I put it together. Thanks in advance.

Do you have all them parts included in your gyp kit?

Back