Need Help engine dosent run as good as it used to

Officialmilehigh

Local time
1:05 AM
Hello everyone! Here is my bike so I have recently moved from Colorado to Missouri. My bike was tuned for the high altitude and it ran great up there but now after moving the bike dosent run as good I cant seem to figure out why, I swapped a few jets i had a #60 in there before tried a #70 and #75 with no luck I'm not sure what to do next I have ordered some more jets well see how long that takes to come in but if anyone has any tips or if you can help out please let me know I'd love the info!

Attachments

• 20200331_130017.jpg
    20200331_130017.jpg
    291.8 KB · Views: 152
Seeing there is more air at the lower altitude then you'll need more fuel to correct the issue, drop the clip on the needle down a notch to let in more fuel.

Seeing there is more air at the lower altitude then you'll need more fuel to correct the issue, drop the clip on the needle down a notch to let in more fuel.
What clip and needle are you talking about I may just be a dumb ass but I cant think of what that is

Should have looked it up first I know now but my carb dose not have that needle or I was not able to find it my carb

A picture of the carb on your bike will help the diagnosis. I assumed you had a NT carb.

That's an HP carb. Do you have an NT carb? If not you will have to wait for the jets to show up.

Just having the same problem which I live in central Illinois and have the hp carb too which I ordered 21 jet kit it will be here Wednesday. Does hp have the same stock jet as the nt carb?

If this helps, I live at an altitude of 279'. When my bike was all stock, I ran the #78 jet which it came with stock. It ran good like that. Maybe a little on the rich side, I think a #75 would probably be perfect for my bike when it was stock. You can look up the altitude of your town/city on the internet. Also take a look at your spark plug. If its black and oily, its running rich which means you need a smaller number jet. If its chalky then its running lean and you need a bigger number jet. If its mostly clean with a little bit of caramel color on the tip, then that's perfect.

Last edited:
Back