Need help motor shut off and won't turn back on

J

Jayson

Okay so I bought an 80cc motor kit not too long ago build went fine motor and great right out the gate. I ran several Rich tanks through it to make sure I broke the motor in properly. When I was sure the motor was broken in I took it on a 4-mile run, everything was still fine the next day I decided to remove the baffle and see if I gained any power. After about 5 minutes of riding without a baffle the motor cut off. After removing the head and checking all the gaskets replacing the spark plug and replace the carburetor because the float leaked and filled with gas I still get nothing more than one pop when I release the clutch. I know I have gas flow, I know I'm getting air, and I know I'm getting spark. So. Now what? I'm at a loss at this point I can't figure it out please help

Another guess is with the float sticking open fuel overflowing into the carb might have taken the 5 min. ride to overwhelm the crankcase with raw fuel. If the float problem is solved you might need to pull the plug and pedal it around a while with the engine engaged to clear the case. then replace the dry plug, and see what happens.

Back