Need Help Mounting Honda GS 190 Engine on a PhatMOTO Bike

Thanks for the replies!

Yes, it may be different šŸ¤” as far as I know it's a PhatMOTO AT same as mine but different year
As far as I'm aware, AT frames have never changed, Rover frames have, they used to be slightly larger than the new rover frame.

When fitting my 224, I had to install a different/angled valve cover, not to mention hacking up the front engine mount.

There is a chance your engine has a revised and taller valve cover, but don't know if that engine had such revisions.

If you are fitting a CVT, this will push the engine to the right, possibly fixing your alignment issue.

Can you mount the engine further towards the front wheel?

Take the valve cover off, be careful not to damage the gasket, and try to fit the engine again without the cover. If it fits, then you can modify the cover.
1714245933335.png

The reason I chose this engine is that it seemed to fit in a video, after careful analysis it seems they bent the valve cover slightly, does this seem ok to anyone that knows?
Valve cover is just a box to hold oil in, No problem denting the valve cover as long as the dent don't interfere with anything mechanical

You can even cut it at an angle and weld it , It'll look purpose built CUSTOM instead of a DIY Dent

I also think you can cut & weld a notch in the frame tank so the engine fits instead of modifying the valve cover
Use pipe making the notch curved , bend the piece of 1/2 pipe to match the profile you need

Valve cover is just a box to hold oil in, No problem denting the valve cover as long as the dent don't interfere with anything mechanical

You can even cut it at an angle and weld it , It'll look purpose built CUSTOM instead of a DIY Dent

I also think you can cut & weld a notch in the frame tank so the engine fits instead of modifying the valve cover
Use pipe making the notch curved , bend the piece of 1/2 pipe to match the profile you need
That seems like a great thing to do, unfortunately I'm not too skilled with welding šŸ˜… so I'll stick with modifying the clutch cover, if all fails i'll stick to your advice and take her to a welder, thanks!

That seems like a great thing to do, unfortunately I'm not too skilled with welding šŸ˜… so I'll stick with modifying the clutch cover, if all fails i'll stick to your advice and take her to a welder, thanks!
Good to know about the clutch cover just holding oils, I thought the valves needed a space to expand there but that gives me peace of mind to bend it a little bit

Good to know about the clutch cover just holding oils, I thought the valves needed a space to expand there but that gives me peace of mind to bend it a little bit
Open up the cover and look at the tolerances, usually there is a TON of room for the rockers, make some adjustments with a calibrated percussive instrument (hammer) and check to see if anything touches.

The cam pulley is the main thing to watch out for.

Tolerances grow with heat, but a imperceivable amount.

Before you go and dent your "Valve" cover, put the cvt on the engine and try to fit it so the chain lines up with the rear sprocket. The engine might have to be mounted to the starboard side so much that a dent won't be necessary.

Before you go and dent your "Valve" cover, put the cvt on the engine and try to fit it so the chain lines up with the rear sprocket. The engine might have to be mounted to the starboard side so much that a dent won't be necessary.
Yeah, I mentioned that earlier, I had spark plug boot issues but it was fine after the offset for the CVT.

Back