Need help new carburetor.

Cjbaker120

Local time
8:17 AM
Hi guys I have an issue I got a motorized 2 stroke bike for 200 bucks a week ago it runs great also the lady had the hp carburetor brand name run tong it’s for an 80 cc I believe and I installed it and it ran even better the only thing now is I cannot pull in my clutch when coming to a stop to keep the engine idling. I took a video but it does not let me upload here. Also the kill switch does not work I made sure all electrical components were secure. If any one is willing to help I can email the video. I did try adjusting idle screw to no avail. Thanks guys.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 147
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 132
You need to adjust the clutch cable. Just unscrew the screw, push the arm till it gets contact, you'll feel it stop as it makes contact with the bucking bar under the cover. If you go to far, it will feel like you are fighting a spring, because you are. Then just pull the cable tight, hold it and lock it back down.

It looks like there is some cracks in the wire housing, the voltage may be bleeding out through there to the frame. Also check the wires, and get them on the other side away from the exhaust. If the wires are fine. Try getting a reading from your coil, under the cover that looks like a U, those two wires. If you have at multimeter.

Welcome. I am learning here too. These guys and this forum are a wealth of information.

It looks like your kill switch is hooked up correctly, it might just be the button. Idunno what else may make the kill switch not work, it just grounds out the system, right?

Is your clutch arm hitting the carburetor and keeping it from disengaging all the way? I had that issue and just put the original carb back on. This gentleman modified his clutch arm to accommodate his carb. https://motoredbikes.com/threads/new-bofeng-carb.59459/post-562262

And like Karl said, get those wires away from right up against your exhaust.

Back