need help please carb leaking at filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorbiken

Local time
11:04 AM
so i have a gt5 skyhawk 2 stroker/ntcarb/ ngk plug, the bike will start up no problem, but wont rev up just bogs at anything more than 1/3-1/2 throttle/ also theres some gas comming out of the airfilter when its running,so i messed with the tangs in the bowl and still same problem, the motor wants to rev up but but will not, would a billet intake maby help with the gas flow or no, i cant tell if its getting to much gas or not enough. any help would be appreciated

With gas coming out of your air filter... I would have to guess too much gas.

I'll bet there is something keeping your needle valve from seating properly.

so i adjusted the clip to run leaner/ thiers nothing blocking the needle seating, the slide dosent seem like its sliding smooth though,but still wont rev up when throttled and ive no idea what to do next the carb pics and instructions were great for someone that understands the lingo about the jet diamaters and such, i just want this new motor to run like it ran a few weeks ago nice and smooth and i do not beat on it never have never will unless its with a hammer, in essence its still leaking gas from the airfilter which i am still unsure how to stop and its still bogging out completely just over 1/4 throttle not to mention the throttle cable is so long it pops out of the top of the carb even with the adjustments on the top of the carb and the throttle fully out

Last edited:
yes it does does it matter which side its placed in there. meaning the float where its preformed from the 2 pieces is closer to the top on one side more than the other of the float

if the slide is not sliding smoothly, you have it in wrong, it can go in 2 different ways but only one way is right.
long slot in the slide goes to the right side of the carb and lines up with the pin that's cast into the inside of the carb body.
short slot in the slide lines up with the idle adjustment screw.
if gas is spitting out of the carb, that's normal for a 2 stoke.
if gas is flooding out of the back of the carb, then your float is set too low.
if your float is set too low, the exra gas will flood over into the engine and give the results that you are describing. too much gas getting into the engine (flooding over).

yes thanks i am aware how the slide fits in with the 2 grooves but on 2 carbs i have one it wont even drop down into the carb the other is getting to the poing that it wont slide properly, sigh this is so frustrating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back