Need help please someone

Leighton101

Local time
4:52 PM
I built my bike about 3 days ago and ever since then it has given me little to no power the engine can idle and run but no power does anyone know what's wrong ? I have taken the exhaust pipe off and it seemed to give more power. Thank you

Well, let's see........I'll have to start by assuming you've got a typical chinese 2 stroke engine. That's a safe guess. But it'll help if you confirm or deny. Info like that will get you more help.

It'll start up and it'll idle. But you can't get any higher RPMs out of it? The throttle is the first place I'd look.

Why don't you start by double-checking that the throttle slide is inserted into the barrel at the top of the carburetor properly? If that's in backward, then a stuck throttle can happen.

Yes it is a Chinese two stroke engine, The throttle cable seems to be sitting correctly aswell

a new motor can be a bit slow at first, but not as slow as 5kph - check that the head gasket isn't leaking and that the carb is fully seated onto the intake & not leaking air there - check that the choke is working properly and is in the off position - if a LOT of smoke appears at exhaust, your motor might be full of fuel and just running it a while will clear it out

The suggestions from our pal crassius sound like they're worth looking into.

But I'm still not sure that I'm understanding just what's wrong. Imagine your engine idling with the clutch dis-engaged. No drive, in other words.

It sounds like you can get more RPMs if you were to twist the throttle. Can you get a lot more? Can you make that engine scream?

Now imagine yourself doing this while rolling at pedaling speed. That's got to be faster than 5 kph. The clutch is engaged. You twist the throttle. What happens now?

just remembered one guy that came in with this problem - turns out he had put the carb slide in upside down (I wouldn't have thought it would even start that way) and it started fine, but ran really slow

When I first put my carby on it was upside down but i figured that out and flipped it over it didnt start when it was upside down, The head gasket seems to leek a little bit of oil and just below the crank case it leeks a fair bit there, When i have the bike in idle and rev it it is the same revs i get when the engine is engaged seems that it can get more rpms its not reving hard enough

I'd expect fixing that leak would solve the problem - be sure to read a bit about fixing that, as sometimes it means the acorn nuts are binding on the studs.

Back