Need Help to slow down speed on motor

J

joen1861@yahoo.com

((((( BE FOR READING THIS> I Want to say sorry out my spelling here ))))
I'm relly slow in the head as I can't read and spell good

I instelled the starfire 70cc 44t long muff motor and kicked right over,
all was done. But whan It started up it was fest I cant same to get the speed down any. I don't give it gas and it gos fester then all ****.
People say it looked like I was working on a racer.
How do I get it to run slower...
I make it where it was lose wire to wher whan I pull the gas Throttle handle and it did not help any it gos fest right away. Whan I hold the braks in it dose not go to near a full stop .
So I gone in the cabe and take the pin and all out and gived it try and it dose not help it gos fest..
I did all I can to where I can ride it.

Dose the kits do that where I need to kill off the motoe to stop it.
i had a motor bike shop look at it he dont know a thing whan it comes down to them bike motor.
O ya I tryed to idoe the cab scrow out fared but no luck..

Sounds like..

Sounds like your carb slide is sticking up, or your carb cable is binding, or a combination of both. Check to make sure your carb slide to cable is set up properly. Hang in there. You will find it. Enjoy the ride..

I did that too my first time.:???:
here's what it should look like http://www.motoredbikes.com/showpost.php?p=75826&postcount=1

Look down the tube and you will see a small bearing sticking out of one side. The side of the slide where the cable runs through should line up with that bearing. I went crazy till I figured it out.
Good luck!

That's a good photo Augi.

Last edited by a moderator:
If all else fails, try a lawn and garden shop (or, if you live in the boondocks like me, a chainsaw or snow machine shop). It doesn't sound like a big problem.

Yeah sounds like the carb slide... I've installed a few 180 degrees out and had the engine rev.s shoot way up ral quick. Kinda gives onew a bit of a startle when that happens!
I would agre and say first check the slide in the carb, and check the throttle cable...
You'll be in the wind in no time.

On mine, the slide was in upside down. Stupid part is that it took me 2 days to figure that out.....and that is with looking in the posts. :???: Well, it did fit!!!

hmmm, just had another thought......if the washer on the needle was under the clip, the needle could stay up. If the slide was up enough, that could let it run away.......maybe

I did that too my first time.:???:
here's what it should look like http://www.motoredbikes.com/showpost.php?p=75826&postcount=1

Look down the tube and you will see a small bearing sticking out of one side. The side of the slide where the cable runs through should line up with that bearing. I went crazy till I figured it out.
Good luck!

That's a good photo Augi.

HEHE ya I got it up today,,, Be it or not.
I need to re fit the wire up some what. To much play on it.
But know sometimes but back wheel don't want to go.
I love it I'm relly happy to get into this hibbe of motors
I love the way people look at me there like what the .... is that going down this road. I did not see no cops. I'm hoppening I don't get pulled over here in the carolinas LOL me getting pulled over ====[ 8 ]==---=====

Back