Need help with a Xmas present i bought

First off thamks for any and all help! My pops (71yrs young) has always wanted a motorized bike. He tinkers with everthing from clocks to heavy equipment and has lots of everthing inbetween. I bought this bike at a auction yesterday for $70.00. I would like to find out about the bike and motor and is it a factory built motorized bike? I need some parts to make it complete such as seat. fenders, side cover for motor, any other sheet metal, a lever on the motor that appears to be broke and anything elese you guys/gals can come up with. Where to buy parts? Pops is not one for something that looks new more of a Ratrod kinda guy like his 55 dodge pickup rat or his 39 chevy rat. Thanks again for any help. Ros

It's hard to see in the picture, but it looks like you're missing the carburetor. That mounts to the rear of the engine & is what the throttle cable will connect to.

The bike looks like an older beach cruiser. Very nice bike. The engine was definitely mounted to it by someone after they bought the bike. I can't say what size engine it is, but it's gotta be a 49cc or a 66/80cc. The lever on the engine is probably the clutch lever. That will be the only other thing on the engine, besides the carburetor, that is connected to a cable.

ThatDax.com is a terrific place for parts. I think there's an engine diagram on his site too.

Two important things before you get it rolling, hand brakes and make sure those handle grips aren't going to slip off.For parts I usually buy a neglected bike off craigslist, then at least you have two of everything "bike" laying around.
Neat foundation.

I am fairly sure that bikeberry has some good deals on fenders.

That motor looks awsome! almost like a old school HT.

EDIT : just noticed your from Georgia, nice to see another one exists around here :D

From the pics this engine has breaker points ignition....I've been involved with these engines since about 2008, and I've NEVER seen an engine like this......Finding parts will be difficult...unless someone has an old engine for parts...

Back