Need Help with engine mounting!

can't figure out what you're saying - what gear what crank - pic looks like easy mounting

I'd unhook pedal chain guard and cut a bit off its mounting tab to lower it to about 1/4 inch above chain, and just shove the motor in with some kind of spacer in the front.

IMG_4056.JPG
can't figure out what you're saying - what gear what crank - pic looks like easy mounting

I'd unhook pedal chain guard and cut a bit off its mounting tab to lower it to about 1/4 inch above chain, and just shove the motor in with some kind of spacer in the front.
Sorry I didn't explain that very well. Maybe this picture will help.

Ditch the plate that goes on the other side of the front mount bolts. Get a plate that bolts to the engine and has a large u bolt that bolts to the downtube. It will raise your motor height or at least let you mount it higher and still be secure.

Sickbikeparts.com has them, certain you could find something on Amazon. Don't use rubber padding in your engine mounts either.
I'm not quite understanding. Could you link something similar to what you're talking about? And thanks, I just did two coats of some matte black exhaust paint

Do they sell something similar on amazon? I have prime so free two day shipping. Thanks for the help
No, you have free 2 day shipping on prime items, if they don't have it in their warehouse you don't get a guarantee for anything other than they'll refund you if the seller screws up.

That being that, I don't know, it's up to you to find it on Amazon I don't shop there for parts unless it's a trueblood deal or I simply can't find it elsewhere.

Sickbikeparts.com has good employees and experience, and they ship you your stuff in a completely reasonable time frame.

You can always make that part too, or at least something very close. Home depot for steel plate and better bolts (replace any and every bolt you can, don't even try trusting the crap they call fasteners, I think they use half steel and half water to thin out the steel so it lasts longer while making bolts, only reasonable explanation why they are all crap) and get the muffler clamp from autozone or whatever, drill the appropriate holes and bingo you have a clamp. You can even paint it and bake it to match the bike.

Back