Chain Tensioner Need Help With GT Lts Full Suspension Chain Issues

As for budget, I am pretty much at the end of my ropes for now. I found a hard tail frame in my garage so I may move the bike parts over to it and rebuild the engine on it. We shall see. Shift Kit would be nice though, not gonna lie.
I (and I'm sure everyone else too) would love to see some photos of your LTS build, and your chain management system project as it progresses. :)

Update: The bike runs, unfortunately had to simply lock the shock to prevent movement. Tried all sorts of different tensioners and combos. I also have an NT speed Carb with a velocity stack that idles uncontrollably high when clutch is pulled in. Idle screw is out all the way and it still does nothing. Any tips to fix this problem are greatly appreciated.

Update: The bike runs, unfortunately had to simply lock the shock to prevent movement. Tried all sorts of different tensioners and combos. I also have an NT speed Carb with a velocity stack that idles uncontrollably high when clutch is pulled in. Idle screw is out all the way and it still does nothing. Any tips to fix this problem are greatly appreciated.
I would have loved to have seen a write up of exactly what you tried and how exactly it malfunctioned so I know what to expect and what to avoid trying myself in future. I have been testing the Zee rear derailleur and that didn't work out either.

There's is surely just a leak in the intake tract, either where the intake goes into the carb not quite far enough, or perhaps you removed the intake from the cylinder after running (heating) so it needs a new intake gasket. You can make one from cereal box.

Agree with Furry. If you have a high idle that can't be adjusted out with the screw You are running lean enough to damage your engine if you don't find and fix the leak.

Thanks for the advice. I changed the carb 2 days ago and now it runs like a champ. Idles normal too. As for tensioners, avoid using any tensioners that move with the rear end of the frame. Try to mount them on the stationary point with the engine. Also avoid pushing the top line of the chain upward, as it caused the engine to lock in the clutch case.

Back