NEED help with idle

ballermj23

Local time
7:45 AM
i just finish my 2troke setup

- it turns ON when i let the clutch go. ( kinda struggles )

- when it comes to a stop engines shuts off.

how can i get it to idle when it comes to stop.

thank you for reading! :unsure::cool:

ruing 16:1 ration

i just finish my 2troke setup
- it turns ON when i let the clutch go. ( kinda struggles )

When the engine fires, pull the clutch in and keep it running for a minute to warm up before taking off, then pedal a little as you let the clutch out.

- when it comes to a stop engines shuts off.
how can i get it to idle when it comes to stop.
thank you for reading! :unsure::cool:
running 16:1 ratio

Have you adjusted the idle speed screw, (located on the left-hand side of the carby when you're facing the front of the bike - it has a spring on it)?
If not, once the engine is running, keep it going with the throttle and gradually turn the screw in, (clockwise), until the engine holds an idle when you release the throttle. The idle speed screw sort of mimics the twist-grip throttle action by slightly raising the slide in the carb, increasing revs. It only affects idle speed, not air/fuel mixture.

If it still won't idle, chances are that the carby is not sealing well on the inlet tube. There are a couple of ways to solve this. I use a smear of Permatex non-hardening gasket sealant on the end of the inlet tube when I fit the carby. Not too much.

Let us know how you go.

... Steve

are you squeezing the clutch handle in when you come to a stop?
if you are and the motor still shuts off, there is a single screw on the left side of the carburetor, and that adjusts the idle speed. screw it on to make it idle faster, out to make it idle slower. if the screw is out too far, the engine will not idle and it will die when it tries to idle.

thanks!

well my bikes is running fine..

just wish it was a bit more quiet and less vibration from motor.

hey ballermj go buy a inner tube for a bike tire and cut a piece of it and wrap it in between the motor and the bike frame. this mod helps alot with vibration. put it in between the motor mounts and the frame where there is contact from te motor to the frame of the bike

hey ballermj go buy a inner tube for a bike tire and cut a piece of it and wrap it in between the motor and the bike frame. this mod helps alot with vibration. put it in between the motor mounts and the frame where there is contact from te motor to the frame of the bike

yep, works great! use any old inner tube.

Back