Need help with the law in PA!

If you go to court I wish you good luck with it. I have been there a few times in UT, with good outcomes for motor vehicle related issues. One thing I like to keep in mind when it comes to new laws is that politicians who write the laws usually do not understand the actual issue(s) and generally make things "worse". I like a LOT of ambiguity or openness, so that people have oppurtinity to practice good judgment and "common sense". Look how restrictive CA laws are for MBs, and everything else; make me like the PA laws as written. Not to mention most DoD branches restrict military personnel to <50cc and require a motorcycle license and other endorsements for >50cc .
I agree, all in all it does seem as though PA MB laws are pretty lax and I hope they remain that way. In my particular county (Erie) the cops seem ok with motor bikes being driven, at least for the most part. I had a motorcycle cop drive by, look down at the motor then smile and wave to me.
It does matter on the situation though, I was listening on the scanner one night and the one cop had a hard on to get someone who they seen and then fled on a motorbike. What was funny is the cop couldn't find the guy after making what I assume was a u-turn, when he called for back up the supervisor said "well what are you pursuing him for?" and when the cop simply said "cause he fled", the supervisor actually chuckled over the scanner and told the cop to cease the pursuit.
A lot of motor bikes in my area (like 90%) simply have what looks to be weed whacker motors over their back tires, they may get hassled, for me I've come across a dozen cops and never had an issue. Even after my accident the cops who asked me questions didn't seem to have a negative attitude.

Back