Need help with throttle cables!

Hey the same thing happen to me too but i cant find the ball that fell off in the carb. I even took top part off and cant find it in there or any where. Did you find yours? Does anyone know if maybe it went out the exaust?

If it got sucked into the engine, then it's in the bottom of the crankcase, that's it it's a 2 stroke. 4 stroke, probably melted to side of cylinder.

Hey the same thing happen to me too but i cant find the ball that fell off in the carb. I even took top part off and cant find it in there or any where. Did you find yours? Does anyone know if maybe it went out the exaust?

Hey did you ever find the little ball that fell off? Mine popped off to butni couldn't find it in the carb or the top end. Does anyone know where it night have went to. I road the bike still sounds good. Just dont know where that ball went. Any help thanks

See post #12. The piston doesn't go down far enough to get sucked into the top end.

Hey did you ever find the little ball that fell off? Mine popped off to butni couldn't find it in the carb or the top end. Does anyone know where it night have went to. I road the bike still sounds good. Just dont know where that ball went. Any help thanks

See post #12. The piston doesn't go down far enough to get sucked into the top end.
I know i was seeing that when i was rolling the bike and watching the piston go down. So you think im ok then? And thanks for your response. đź‘Ť

Sorry just seen the other post im new to this website stuff. Its a 2 stroke. So does that mean i have to open it up and take it out. Or do you think it will just be ok down there .

I'd like to say it'll be just fine, but the cable stop is a little piece of lead and lead melts very easy. This means it could have got hot and adhered to the side of the case or crank, or bounced around in there and got small enough that the turbulence of compression finally moved it on through the engine. It also could have went through with the intake gases, or be stuck to the head or piston crown with the compression stroke of the piston. Do the low tech inspection, pull the head and look at the combustion chamber and top of the piston. Turn the engine over and look at the cylinder walls for signs of stress, scratches, gouges, nicks, etc.
Does it run good now? Or is knocking or making weird noises?

No the motor sounds good but i only rode it for like 4 mintues after i put a new cable on that i had from another kit. So im not sure it would have gotten hot enough yet. So im thinging its still somewhere in there. Ima have to find it because i build these bikes and sell them for a profit on my spare time. Wouldn't want someone come back with with a messed up motor. Thanks for your help and im looking forward to these topics thanks

You only have to take the engine off the frame and remove head and jug and shake the case upside down. Probably fall out if it's still there.

Back