Need help with wide crank pedal kit

Hammond Egger

Local time
1:07 AM
The one that they ship with the Grubee GT5-GGG-2 66cc/80cc kit. I know it's not brain surgery but I'm not a bicycle mechanic and I can figure out how to install it. There is absolutely no mention of it in the instructions that came with the kit. I've searched the internet, this forum and youtube and haven't come up with squat. It's pretty straightforward and I've got it pretty much figured out execpt for which race goes in which side of the bottom bracket. Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to give me.

I'm not familiar with the particular wide crank you mentioned, but I would imagine they're all pretty much the same. If you can post descent photos of all the components in a good array, I'll try to help ! Yeah, it's a no brainer, but someone that's not familiar with bicycles could have a big problem with it. Don't feel bad for not knowing. How many people do you think that drive cars can take one apart, put it back together and it still works properly, the first time ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Like Porkchop said, they are probably most all the same. My 3-piece crank is installed with the left-hand threads on the left side and right-hand threads on the right. That keeps them tight when you pedal. On the right side there is a locking ring that holds is all together. Just tighten up each side , but only to where the crank still turns freely and then tighten up the lock ring. Take a screwdriver and tap it with a hammer to snug it up. Be sure to put some grease on the bearings before installing them. Good Luck, Dan

hi can i see a pic of the crank kit so i can work out which goes where ..

ull find that the bearings go on both ends if u got 2 sets.
it will be the same axle as sbp wide axle an they will help .

brad

ohhh i used build bikes for indy 300/500/1000 an mortlocks

Back