Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

BikeMan2

Local time
11:23 PM
I bought the Gasbike Gen for our motors I can make it produce light but how do I get it to charge a 12Volt 1.3AH SLA Battery? I would like to make my own battery charger if I can. Can anyone help?

I bought the Gasbike Gen for our motors I can make it produce light but how do I get it to charge a 12Volt 1.3AH SLA Battery? I would like to make my own battery charger if I can. Can anyone help?
I already posted in your other topic about this but what the heck.
You bought this on e-bay for $45 right?

s-l500.jpg

It's an iron bar wrapped with copper wiring like this one on e-bay for $30.

s-l500.jpg

Pass a magnet over it, and it generates a little AC pulse.
The faster you pass a magnet by, the more power it makes.
Put DC to it and it becomes an electromagnet.
In short, transfering energy from magnetic to electrical and back again.

To save whatever little power that coil can make you need to convert it to DC and I'm thinking 12V 1ah is a bit optimistic and maybe think 6V.
Most anything even 7.2V LED's will handle 6V DC.

It is all what your second coil can produce, and I figure that little coil won't produce much.
How much power that can produce is directly related to engine RPM.
The higher the R's, the higher the voltage.

The voltage of your battery determines how much voltage the source has to have (RPM's) to if it's high enough to actually charge as you can't charge a 12V battery with a 6VDC source.

A full wave rectifier (ac/dc converter) is just 4 diodes, you can buy the packaged version for $1
http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...beqolgm3gQ==&gclid=CJSMzZGnydACFZCIaQodxmoBfA

I'll get back with you when I have some time.

since it's grounded and not floating, it will need one diode spliced in to the red wire. The band on the diode should be on the battery side of the wire for the positive pulses to go to the battery. But like KC said it may only be able to work with a 6 volt battery.

It will work if its the 12v 6w version but as stated above you will need a rectifier and a voltage regulator because like kc said higher rpm will produce a higher voltage and the regulator will keep it stable,bigger problem is that you will only get 500 ma or 1/2 an amp at best from it!

I bought the gas bikes Gen not the one from Wonderful World it does make 12V after my full wave rectifier with 2 Smoothing caps I have it wired into a Voltage Reg (DC-DC Adjustable Boost Buck Step Down Up Converter XL6009 Solar Voltage Module) that keeps the system at 12V I want to Charge a battery with it. Can anyone help me?

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 362
So I dont need anything to Charge the Battery but what I have?

a regulator is needed only if the coil produces too much power for the battery at high rpm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back