Need help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dserna

Local time
6:10 AM
Can I put

JRL Carburetor Black Gas Power Boost Bottle CNC Intake Manifold Set For 66cc 80cc 2 Stroke Engine Motorised Bicycle Bike

On a 49cc motor?

Just depends on the intake mount bolt spacing that your intended intake has versus the 48cc engine. The 48cc engine is 32mm spacing but 66cc can be 32mm or 40mm and 69cc is (usually or always, not sure) 40mm spacing. You will need to know the intake is 32mm spacing to fit the 48cc engine.

I used the UAUS 32-40mm Short Steel Offset Intake Manifold Carburetor W/Gasket 49cc 60cc 66cc 80cc Motorized Bike Bicycle https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QWKC17W/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_t2DGEbEN07ZX4 I was wondering though after the nozzle is screwed in place would the extra nozzle that is in the intake manifold cause problems with air flow. I have been doing a lot of research on porting and this thought occured to me. Should I try and cut the end off flush with the intake? Also I was wondering if I could jb weld that nozzle? because I believe it is causing a vacuum leak. I used auto vaccuum hose and clamps but the nozzle screws in loose even with plumbers tape. Is this a rookie mistake??
Thank you for your time!!

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
If you fitted the intake, heated the engine up by running it, and then removed the intake from your cylinder, then the card gasket usually needs to be replaced before you refit the intake. I would use some nice high cotton content premium art card, photo mounting card etc, rather than cereal box if possible. The cereal box is supposed to be pretty good though.

Make sure both mating surfaces are clean and very flat. Wipe a very thin layer of oil onto the mating surfaces (not gasket) before bolting down with the card gasket between. This way the gasket gets surface oiled only as it is being closed tightly so it doesn't swell up.

The boost bottle is something that doesnt convince me at all. I happen to think most of those reporting an improvement are using the stock carb and jet, so the snall vacuum leak is just helping correct their rich condition that should have been corrected by changing to a slightly smaller jet.
I would rather seal up the hole somehow, clamp a piece of silicone over the intake with a hose clamp, and just run it as a normal intake with no nipple for a boost bottle, because I don't believe the boost bottles really help any.

Yes everythjng that looks like it will add turbulence really will, lol, but it is already a problem with the offset intake having the Z bend instead of smooth curves, so that a few protruding threads are maybe not the biggest issue for flow dynamics!
All just imho of course and depending just how much the threads are protruding into the intake. 🙂

If you fitted the intake, heated the engine up by running it, and then removed the intake from your cylinder, then the card gasket usually needs to be replaced before you refit the intake. I would use some nice high cotton content premium art card, photo mounting card etc, rather than cereal box if possible. The cereal box is supposed to be pretty good though.

Make sure both mating surfaces are clean and very flat. Wipe a very thin layer of oil onto the mating surfaces (not gasket) before bolting down with the card gasket between. This way the gasket gets surface oiled only as it is being closed tightly so it doesn't swell up.

The boost bottle is something that doesnt convince me at all. I happen to think most of those reporting an improvement are using the stock carb and jet, so the snall vacuum leak is just helping correct their rich condition that should have been corrected by changing to a slightly smaller jet.
I would rather seal up the hole somehow, clamp a piece of silicone over the intake with a hose clamp, and just run it as a normal intake with no nipple for a boost bottle, because I don't believe the boost bottles really help any.

Yes everythjng that looks like it will add turbulence really will, lol, but it is already a problem with the offset intake having the Z bend instead of smooth curves, so that a few protruding threads are maybe not the biggest issue for flow dynamics!
All just imho of course and depending just how much the threads are protruding into the intake. 🙂
What size jet do you suggest?

What size jet do you suggest?
I've never even tried to learn about the other carbs that are available yet! 😆 The stock NT (mine is marked NTTC) once it has a real filter on it is not the RPM limiting factor on my 8000rpm 66cc build (stock pipe is). I will be trying a carb upgrade and asking for help with that myself, but only need to when I have a tuned pipe 'in the pipeline'. 😊
So, sorry, I am clueless about setting up other carbs. 😔

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back