need herlp with engine mounting

freezeskier332

Local time
9:01 AM
Alright so hers the deal, the lower frame on my bike is too think for the stock clamp on the motor. i was thinking about drilling but i would like to avoid it. THis may seem like a stupid question but i was wondering if the rear clamp alone would be enough?

THanks

engine mount

nope in a word
do a search for engine mounts
what you can do is make a flat plate that bolts to the engine and then get an exhaust pipe u clamp that fits the tube and bolts :cool: onto the plate
Good luck
Royz

I just did a jag, and noticed both the seat post and the front post are larger than the cast motor mounts, so I made my own, pics explain....

Attachments

• sept 6 08 009.jpg
    sept 6 08 009.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 310
  • sept 6 08 010.jpg
    sept 6 08 010.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 284
thanks for the replies, after positioning some parts i figured that drilling would be the fastest and easiest way to accomplish the task, the way i see it, iv got the bike, im keepin it and no one will knotice it. Il post pics as soon as I take some, but the last problem that it looks like i have to tackle will be how to make the chain avoid the rear fender.

Thanks again

thanks for the replies, after positioning some parts i figured that drilling would be the fastest and easiest way to accomplish the task, the way i see it, iv got the bike, im keepin it and no one will knotice it. Il post pics as soon as I take some, but the last problem that it looks like i have to tackle will be how to make the chain avoid the rear fender.

Thanks again

wow - drilling usually only done as a last resort
I think that most would have wished that you would have taken another route

but for now on anyway -- please be checking your frame for cracks

Ride That Thing - Mountainman

yea i didnt want to drill it but with my current lack of resorces, I went to the machine shop on campus and the helped me drill it so that I wouldn't damage the frame. I will be on the look out for any problems.

yea i didnt want to drill it but with my current lack of resorces, I went to the machine shop on campus and the helped me drill it so that I wouldn't damage the frame. I will be on the look out for any problems.

that's cool -- glad to hear that you took it to the machine shop
they usually know what they are doing
and have your best interest at heart

I have a buddy owns machine shop down the mountain
sure comes in handy

Happy Riding from - Mountainman

Back