Need info on jetting "performance carb"

Ibjhuff

Local time
1:08 AM
Installed one of those dellorto clone carbs the other day, and contrary to most of the reviews ive read i really like it ALOT. it starts super easy, holds a perfect idle, and the low and mid ranges of the power band are vastly improved. However ive lost just a bit off the top end i believe due to being rich. Are nt and dellorto jets interchangeable? If not what size are the dellorto jets? Any other tips or recomendations would be appreciated.

Yes the same jets are used for both I only use the Dellorto brand jets for all carbs that will take them!Is the new carb bigger dia than the nt?It would make more sence from what you describe that it's lean at the top is it running clean with less power or does it get rough as you try to get to wot?

No it seems very smooth at all speeds. When im at wot the motor sounds good, it just seems to be a few hundred rpms short of where it should be. On a long flat road when i slow down the fuel flow with the petcock on the tank i get about 5mph more out of it and the motor sounds like its near its maximum output. Leading me to believe its rich.

Just pulled the plug. I put alot of miles on it in the last couple days. Im not sure what to think of it.
20170716_194640.jpg

No it seems very smooth at all speeds. When im at wot the motor sounds good, it just seems to be a few hundred rpms short of where it should be. On a long flat road when i slow down the fuel flow with the petcock on the tank i get about 5mph more out of it and the motor sounds like its near its maximum output. Leading me to believe its rich.
That actually sounds like it's perfect!the way it is will allow longer runtimes and when you have to climb a grade the engine will still pull cleanly and not load up!It's up to you the plug looks also like it's a bit lean!

That actually sounds like it's perfect!the way it is will allow longer runtimes and when you have to climb a grade the engine will still pull cleanly and not load up!It's up to you the plug looks also like it's a bit lean!

Its amazing how important the basics can be. I got a spark plug that was recomended on this forum, some fresh gas, and the best reasonably priced oil i could find in town. The thing is running AWESOME. Theres a hill nearby that for years i have never been able to make it to the top without stalling out. Finally made it to the top last weekend. Thanks for your input.

Back