Need info on Underbar Tanks

well, if i have to have one fabricated, i'll have no problem designing the perfect fit for my ride. i was hoping i wouldn't have to, tho...dax sells the underbar for $23. i figure a custom tank is gonna cost a lot more than that.

If the underbar tank doesn't fit in front you could always mount it on the rear like I did. The height dimensions of the 4 litre tank are 95mm back and 120mm front where the bulge is. I like being able to ride over 100 miles on a tank of gas. The farthest I've gone so far is 70 miles round trip with no problems.

55_Skyliner_rear_tank_1.jpg

Butch said:
If the underbar tank doesn't fit in front you could always mount it on the rear like I did. The height dimensions of the 4 litre tank are 95mm back and 120mm front where the bulge is. I like being able to ride over 100 miles on a tank of gas. The farthest I've gone so far is 70 miles round trip with no problems.

cool set up. is the filler cap offset enough to clear Augi's 35mm top tube?

srdavo said:
is the filler cap offset enough to clear Augi's 35mm top tube?
yeah, butch, thanks for the info...would you mind telling me a bit more please?

psuggmog said:
I have heard that there are two types of these tanks. One with the bulge at the bottom and one without.
anyone know anything about the one without the bulge?

i'm building for looks, not range...i REALLY want an underbar tank i can afford 8)

The depression on the top of the tank for the tube is 30mm wide. The edge of the fuel filler neck is right up even with the edge of the depression.

thank you for saving me $23 butch :D

psuggmog, do you know anthing else about it? i've already asked simpson & have gotten no response...

I remember a post by Mike Simpson on the motorkruisers forum( I followed a link from here to there one time) He said that he was having server problems with his website and was visiting family in Arizona. This was in late December. Maybe he's still there. I always wonder when seeing so many items offered on web catalogs whether they really have everythihg offered in stock or wait for the paid order and then dropship or order it from their suppliers after the order is placed.
I heard about the two different tanks from some website a while ago but haven't been able to find the link again

Back