Need links to Get Started With a Hub Motor Setup

Wammer

Local time
8:18 AM
I've spent a lot of time looking at various sites and then realized I could check into your world. If anybody knows you guys do. Any recomendations for a dependable setup that will do 25 mph and make a 20 mile trip? thanks

I'm sure there are some threads here that show what people have built. I don't have the time right now to re-read them to find pertinent ones for you.

another way of saying that is: there are only 78 topics in "Electric" at this time...put some tunes on, grab a beverage, & read thru 'em...when you find something that interests you, post a "reply" and bring the discussion back to life :)

I apologize for the curt response. The rust on my social skills occasionally shows through. As Augie said, kick back and read. You'll probably find more than just the answer to your question.

budedank, i don't know if your second post in 3 months is meant to be a contribution or a sneaky-link to a vendor. i'm forced to investigate & will edit or delete if necessary...this board belongs to the consumer.

i think we'd all be more interested in what you have to say after you have one.

electric motor

I'll try and join in and catch the flow. I'm just some guy with two old adult trikes and I'll be adding an electric motor to one of them. I just finished a project and haven't been here for awhile. I was converting an electric golf cart to a gas powered one.

I've got a few months to get this adult trike ready for burning man. I found that hub motor and wanted feedback, if possible. It looks like there's several out there. I think they are all from china. I have found them on google and on Ebay. It looks pretty simple. I wont post the link again cause I'm a suspect marketeer.
I hope this post finds it's way to the forum. Give me a chance to get into the flow of things around here.

Looks like a fairly good hubmotor with some good extras. Being that I live out in the mountains I'd have to go for a geared hub motor or currie system for more torque on the hills. Heard the gearless hubs dont pull very well from a standstill or up huge inclines.

Back