Need opintions on these tires

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark20

Local time
10:26 PM
well, school is just around the corner and i got my bike back in one piece (sprocket broke a tooth 3 months ago and its neen sitting ever since then)

But the rear tire is worn beyond on tread now (its to the wire now, def needs replacing)

Ive been looking at a few tires and ive narrowed down to these 3

Maxxis hookworms
Maxxis holy rollers

And cst city 1218 (is cst also maxxis correct?)

Now, my riding is 80/20 mostly street riding, but i do have to go down some dirt paths as well, rarely though

Im leaning towards the cst tires for cost (im cheap) and ive heard there a very long lasting tire

So, what should i go for?
(Yes i searched on this forum, but there all from 3 years ago, so maybe opinions change?)

Attachments

• 20190816_203052.jpg
    20190816_203052.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 173
Tire issues have been beat to death with the best dollar value usually leading to the CST brand.

Tire issues have been beat to death with the best dollar value usually leading to the CST brand.
Sounds like King Herman just made a decree! Bwahahahahahaha, Mobil 1 is the best oil bar none, capiche?

I have kenda k rads they have been holding up rather well. I also have hookworms. The hookworms are great but pricey. The k rads were half the price. CST Cyclops are suppose to be good as well

well, school is just around the corner and i got my bike back in one piece (sprocket broke a tooth 3 months ago and its neen sitting ever since then)

But the rear tire is worn beyond on tread now (its to the wire now, def needs replacing)

Ive been looking at a few tires and ive narrowed down to these 3

Maxxis hookworms
Maxxis holy rollers

And cst city 1218 (is cst also maxxis correct?)

Now, my riding is 80/20 mostly street riding, but i do have to go down some dirt paths as well, rarely though

Im leaning towards the cst tires for cost (im cheap) and ive heard there a very long lasting tire

So, what should i go for?
(Yes i searched on this forum, but there all from 3 years ago, so maybe opinions change?)
with what you have to chose from you will most likely need to go 1218 or holy roller as the hookworms are 2.5s and your chain probably won't clear it.

thanks for the opinions everyone!

i should also mention that i run #40 size chain (is it overkill, hell yea, but it should be nearly maintenance free and outlast the bike 3 fold)
this will be my daily for school, (and when it breaks down ill ride my pocket bike lol)

the mtb tires on the bike are 1.95, and they have a fair bit of clearance, i did run 2.3s for a while as well, and they cleared no problem

im leaning towards holy rollers as they seem to be the best all around tire, my school is a 5 mile drive one way, so i do encounter some less than ideal roads on my way there (mostly just old neglected highways, pot holes and dirt roads)

ive also been looking at Michelin country rock, there a bit skinnier, but look like they have enough tread to get me where i want to go

https://www.biketiresdirect.com/product/michelin-country-rock-26-inch-tire

if i go with these ill get a set of them as thats in price range (around 50$ a set is my goal)

Attachments

• 20190811_111038.jpg
    20190811_111038.jpg
    361 KB · Views: 140
  • 20190811_111113_HDR.jpg
    20190811_111113_HDR.jpg
    368.1 KB · Views: 146
  • 20190811_111639.jpg
    20190811_111639.jpg
    382.6 KB · Views: 167
Status
Not open for further replies.