Need Professional Opinion (Compression & Octane)

Aikaru

Local time
3:46 AM
I'm currently re-building my top end 80cc engine. I'm installing an expansion chamber exhaust, and one of those square high compression heads. I was planning to run 87 octane on it with a 32:1 ratio of gas and oil. However, with some thinking, I wondered if the new exhaust and the new compression head will cause detonation with 87 octane fuel. Should I go to a higher octane? If so what octane should I go to? I want to make sure this engine performs perfectly. Thank you.

Still better to remove the alcohol than bandaid stabilizer. Besides, water is free.
Or buy Ethanol free gas to begin with...Aikura, here is a list of all the gas stations in Florida that sell ethanol free...just scroll down to your city and you will see quite a few in your area...I counted at least 11 in your general vicinity...DAMIEN

Or buy Ethanol free gas to begin with...Aikura, here is a list of all the gas stations in Florida that sell ethanol free...just scroll down to your city and you will see quite a few in your area...I counted at least 11 in your general vicinity...DAMIEN

There’s a Raceway near me that sells ethanol free

Back